Apr 13 2009
By: lolibear7502 First Son 2 posts

PSP User management like on PS3 soon?

8 replies 18 views Edited Apr 13, 2009

Hello,

PSP USers need the same option as on PS3, to switch between users. 

Otherwise we cant play the Games we buy from different PlayStation Stores. 

Is a Update like this planned?

I have the porblem at the moment that i donloadet from the US Store, "Destruction Derby" fpr PSP, 

on the EUR Store i buyed a lot other games, and on the **bleep** Store i buyed Final Fantasy VII. 

When i load Destruction Derby from PS3 (i switch to the US Account on PS3) to my PSP it work 

fine, but then ALL my other Games i buyed say they cant be used on this account. 

I cant even switch on PSP my account (like on PS3) so all i can do is "delete" one of my EUR 

Games, and then with EUR Account load it again to my PSP, then all the EUR Games work again, 

but the US / **bleep** Games dont work anymore...

Thats really a bother... the same on the PS3, it plays "ALL" Games, from all Accounts, so i dont 

have to check what account this Game was buyed, but i dont even see it on "Details", so i can 

just try to remember if i buyed it in EUR Store or US Store, a little info to what Account the 

Game originally was part of would be nice...

Is there a way to switch Users on PSP with a Software? Or maybe with the Media Manager? 

A Firmware Update that would allow to stwitch between 3 or 4 Accounts would solve for all 

peaploe the problem, cose im far not the only one hwo has the same trouble...

I payed for the games and i cant play them, thats not fair :/

Is there something planned already, is it a known problem?

Message 1 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
474 posts

Re: PSP User management like on PS3 soon?

Apr 13, 2009

1.  Don't know of any update coming.

2.  Why do we need to change user accounts on a personal hand-held device, besides what was mentioned.  If that's the only reason, then sony is not going to do it.

Just like life, video games has those moments when everything is a breeze and then there are those moments where everything seems impossible. However, there is always a way to get through those seemingly impossible tasks.

Get your Portable ID!
Message 2 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1693 posts

Apr 13, 2009

Louielouie3 wrote:

1.  Don't know of any update coming.

2.  Why do we need to change user accounts on a personal hand-held device, besides what was mentioned.  If that's the only reason, then sony is not going to do it.

i agree, its a handheld device, a ps3 is a home console, the psp is more of a one user type console, considering it has no friends list, whereas the ps3 does, also lets not forget it has home also
Message 3 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1278 posts

Apr 13, 2009
I would agree, no need for it.
Message 4 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
480 posts

Apr 13, 2009

managing profiles... do what I do...

buy a second PSP for other people to use in your presence...

Message 5 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
589 posts

Apr 13, 2009

onai wrote:

managing profiles... do what I do...

buy a second PSP for other people to use in your presence...

well some people are not as rich as you, or do not see any reason for it.
i have 1 phat psp (1001k) and 1 psp brite(3001) sold my 2001 and my other 1001, because i don't see a need for it.   i'm holding my phat psp because i wanna play homebrew games and apps and i wanna 3000 because it's slightly faster, better screen, mic, better battery performance, etc.

new owner of this account
Message 6 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Dec 12, 2011

I agree with you. It is a valueble feature to be implemented in psp. As a matter of fact, there loads of individual who has one, two oreven more accounts for whatever reason it pleases them.

In my case, I have two accounts with different games on them because not all games and content are offered in different stores.

But what really counts is the fact that - like the PS3 - the PSP might have more than one active user in family members. Actually I wish they both were user password protected so that my son didn't screw my saved games.

Buying another psp for itself is not a smart solution, tho it maybe the real intention of sony's. I'm planning buying a vita in the near future, but the problem will persist since my son will mess with it as well.

Message 7 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Dec 12, 2011

simillimus wrote:

I agree with you. It is a valueble feature to be implemented in psp. As a matter of fact, there loads of individual who has one, two oreven more accounts for whatever reason it pleases them.

In my case, I have two accounts with different games on them because not all games and content are offered in different stores.

But what really counts is the fact that - like the PS3 - the PSP might have more than one active user in family members. Actually I wish they both were user password protected so that my son didn't screw my saved games.

Buying another psp for itself is not a smart solution, tho it maybe the real intention of sony's. I'm planning buying a vita in the near future, but the problem will persist since my son will mess with it as well.

Umm, sorry to point this out to you but you have woken up a 2.5 year old thread. Also if the feature has not been added to the PSP by now it will never be put on, everyone is working on the PSVita now and even that does not have multiple accounts.

Message 8 of 9 (18 Views)
Highlighted
First Son
7 posts

Dec 13, 2011

Not big deal. They cannot stop us from whining... and only death is permanent. LOL Thanks anyway!

Message 9 of 9 (18 Views)
0 Likes