Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 14 2012
By: PabloXPicasso First Son 6 posts

PSP Ridge Racer on Vita - is it good?

8 replies 177 views Edited Mar 14, 2012

Hey, has anybody tried the PSP version of Ridge Racer on the vita?   Is it good?

I am new to the Playstation world and have not played the PSP version.  It got great reviews on Amazon, and since the Vita version seems to be a big huge FAIL, I was thinking of just getting the PSP version.

What do you guys Think?

Cheers,

Pablo "Loving the Vita" Picasso

Message 1 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Re: PSP Ridge Racer on Vita - is it good?

Mar 14, 2012

if your a serious racing fan like me, just buy the gran turismo psp version.. much better than any ridge racer period. has time trials, single races, drifting, car dealerships, driving challenges and its quite fun and addicting escpecially drifting. just my suggestion.

Message 2 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Mar 14, 2012

Got both, and if you can stand the pixels the PSP version is awesome. Scored 9 on IGN if you can find the review...

The Vita game is great for the things I care most about, which is tight control and the actual racing experience. The PSP has the advantage where it gives you a World Tour to engage in and way more custom options, but it doesn't look or sound half as good. I was up too late until 2am last night locking up my turns on the Vita version so obviously I think it's better than the crap reviews for the prototype 30 framerate version that came out earlier in EU and Japan.

Message 3 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Mar 14, 2012

@DaProjectTuRtle Yes I wish Grand Tourismo was available on the Vita online shop but no can see

Message 4 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Mar 14, 2012

yea i bought mine off the ps3 psn store.. theres not that many psp games on the vita store compared to the ps3 store for some weird reason.

Message 5 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
38 posts

Mar 17, 2012

I bought Ridge Racer Vita yesterday and really like it!  It looks great and is fun to play: I am really surprised at the crappy reviews for it.  Online racing is a lot of fun but kind of laggy.  Also bought the Ridge Racer PSP game last week and that is a blast too.

Message 6 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Mar 17, 2012

^^ That's what I'm sayin! Seems like everyone is just feeding into the hype about not having enough tracks and not even counting the added new ones or the other improvements. I just hope Namco doesn't stop making DLC because the racing action is outstanding.

Message 7 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
220 posts

Mar 17, 2012

GT on PSP was bad. 

Message 8 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 27, 2012

I absolutely love this game. If you like the gameplay of the RR series, then I would highly recommend spending the $25. There are currently 11 cars (if you include the 2 hidden cars) and 5 tracks, and I just noticed on the Namco site there will be another car and track available on 3/27 as well as a Silver Pass download in April.

NEC Turbo Express → Nintendo Game Boy → Game Boy Pocket → Game Boy Color → Sega GameGear → Atari Lynx → NeoGeo Pocket Color → Game Boy Advance → Game Boy Advance SP → Nintendo DS → Sony PSP → DS Lite → PSP 2000 → PSP 3000 → Apple iPod touch 2g → PSP go → iPod touch 4g → Sony Vita
Message 9 of 9 (177 Views)
0 Likes