Feb 21 2011
By: XhigherXgroundsX First Son 10 posts

PSP Reset Settings Problem

5 replies 89 views Edited Feb 21, 2011

Hey guys, i'm going to reset my PSP settings soon, but the problem is, i have 35 Rock Band Unplugged's DLCs in my Memory Stick, and i know that after resetting my PSP settings, it resets my PSN account information too so i cant play Rock band with songs from the DLCs. I have this problem once, I tried to activate my account on my PSP back again but it failed, nothing happened, i still couldnt play RB with songs from the DLCs

Message 1 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31560 posts

Re: PSP Reset Settings Problem

Feb 21, 2011

I'm not clear on why you need to reset the PSP settings to begin with, but it doesn't really matter as far as your question is concerned.  Resetting the PSP Settings essentially puts the PSP back into the same state that it was in when you bought it, except that whatever you have stored on the memory stick will still be there.  You have to sign-up for Playstation Network again on the PSP after you reset it.  If you want to use your Rock Band DLC, you will have to sign up under the same PSN account that you used to purchase the DLC.  The PSP will be activated under a PSN account automatically if you download anything from the Playstation Store to that PSP; regardless of whether you do it directly from the PSP, from a PC using Media Go, or from a PS3. You can also activate the PSP manually from PSN Account Management menu, but you have to do that on the PSP itself when it is signed in to the Playstation Network. The activation process doesn't fail without an error message, as there is always some specific operation that was requested to cause the activation to occur.

The activation doesn't happen automatically when you sign up for Playstation Network. You can use your Playstation Network account on an unlimited number of PSPs at one time, but you can only activate five PSPs at a time under a single PSN account.  The PSP doesn't assume that you want to activate it under your account, until you either download content from the Playstation Store, or explicitly request activation in the Account Management menu.  The PSP doesn't check to see if it was previously activated under your account, and then automatically re-activate itself either.  You have to do something to make the activation occur.

GKP
Message 2 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 22, 2011

My friend put a password so i need to reset my PSP settings. I did that once, my PSP didnt recognize the DLC until i downloaded them again and transfered to my PSP. I don't want to do it again, because a DLC is about 15-20 mb, and i have 35 DLCs overall.

Message 3 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
31560 posts

Feb 22, 2011

Do you mean that your friend saved your PSN password on the PSP, and you didn't want that, so you had to reset your settings? Unless you deactivated the PSP, the license files for the DLC should still be there.  You should just need to download one of the DLC in order to reactivate the PSP under your PSN account.  After that, the license files that are already on the PSP should work.  If you deactivate the PSP, all of the license files are deleted; and you would have to transfer all of the content again. By the way, if you transfer your PSP DLC to a Media Go library on a PC, then you won't have to download it again in the future.  You can just transfer it to the PSP from the Media Go library, and only the license files will have to be downloaded from the Playstation Store.

GKP
Message 4 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Feb 23, 2011

No i mean he put a password which requires me to unlock it to play games... Well, so if i reset the settings, will my PSN account be deactivated? And, did you mean that i only need to download one file from the PSN to activate my PSP again and after that i can play Rock Band with songs from the DLC?

Sorry, i'm not a native English speaker so...

Message 5 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
10 posts

Feb 27, 2011

Well, can someone help me with this?

Message 6 of 6 (89 Views)
0 Likes