Highlighted
Mar 15 2011
By: Sagezor First Son 1 posts

PSP/PS3 connection HELP

2 replies 31 views Edited Mar 15, 2011

I am attempting to register my PSP to my PS3 system via USB.

I  go to Manage Account - > Register System -> PSP, plug in PSP via USB, initiate USB Mode on PSP. However, the PS3 does not recognize that the PSP is  connected. It keeps telling me to turn USB Mode on.

I have the latest official firmware on both systems. The PS3 can see the PSP memory stick via the XMB but not the PSP itself.

I am at a loss. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 3 (31 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5911 posts

Re: PSP/PS3 connection HELP

Mar 19, 2011

What, exactly are you trying to do? Your post doesn't make much sense.

You say you went to Account Management > Register System, but under account management you can only activate or deactivate systems. So you would see System Activation. There is no "register system" on the menu.

If you are trying to activate your PSP to your PSN account, you don't  really need to do that manually, it usually happens automatically when  you download anything from PSN, or transfer it from your PS3 (provided  both are using the same account).

Or are you trying to set up remote play (there is a Register Device setting under remote play)?

Everyone thinks I'm psychotic (except my friends deep inside the earth).
Message 2 of 3 (31 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
29365 posts

Re: PSP/PS3 connection HELP

Mar 19, 2011

I read it as that he was trying to register the PSP for remote play.  I think he wrote Manage Account when he was actually in the Remote Play Settings.

GKP
Message 3 of 3 (31 Views)
0 Likes