Nov 29 2009
By: turtleman13 First Son 13 posts

PSP Go freezes on "please Wait" screen...this will fix it!

20 replies 7386 views Edited Nov 29, 2009
Just a help for anyone who runs into this problem.  I just recently had a problem with my PSP Go freezing on the "please wait" screen after pressing the "PS" (home) button when exiting a game.  I tried holding the power switch, I tried pressing just about every combination of buttons.  If you have this problem, hold the power switch in the up position for 8-10 seconds.  I don't mean hold it up for a bit...actually 8-10 seconds.  This will shut the PSP Go off and it will keep you from having to wait until your system runs out of battery power before you can play it again.  (That happened the first time before I did this).  Hope this helps someone...at least one person.
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 21 (7,386 Views)
Survivor
2820 posts

Re: PSP Go freezes on "please Wait" screen...this will fix it!

Nov 29, 2009

I know what your problem is, but unfortunately I don't know what the cause is. Does it only happen to one game, or all of them? I know this occurs for me when the RAM runs out and I try to exit, but that is by unnatural causes in which I am not at liberty to discuss on these forums.

That isn't really a fix by the way. All you're doing is shutting the PSP off, which I suspect it would do itself. I would tell anyone who has this problem to shut their PSP off (hold the power switch up for a few seconds) and turn it on while holding Triangle, Square, Select and Start. Then, going to 

System > System Settings > Restore Default Settings

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 21 (7,386 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 29, 2010

Hi Mr Turtleman

It has indeed helped a person. Thank You very much for that. This was the perfect solution after hours of futile searching in the web for one. Hats off!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 21 (7,386 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
919 posts

Jan 29, 2010

that just resets the RAM

all you have to do is take the battery out

ya u wanna say u can't on the ....... it's possible......... maybe................it just voids your warenty

Can't Wait for TN-a! I'm ready to hack my psp!
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 21 (7,386 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1321 posts

Jan 29, 2010

frillybob wrote:

that just resets the RAM

ya u wanna say u can't on the ....... it's possible......... maybe................it just voids your warenty

It's pretty silly to suggest removing the battery when holding the power switch up for 10 seconds is much easier.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 21 (7,386 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
658 posts

Jan 30, 2010

turtleman13 wrote:
Just a help for anyone who runs into this problem.  I just recently had a problem with my PSP Go freezing on the "please wait" screen after pressing the "PS" (home) button when exiting a game.  I tried holding the power switch, I tried pressing just about every combination of buttons.  If you have this problem, hold the power switch in the up position for 8-10 seconds.  I don't mean hold it up for a bit...actually 8-10 seconds.  This will shut the PSP Go off and it will keep you from having to wait until your system runs out of battery power before you can play it again.  (That happened the first time before I did this).  Hope this helps someone...at least one person.

Would you mind adding this to the thread "PSP Fixes" at the top of the forum page.  I'm trying to put together a fixes area others can access to maybe solve their problem.  Thanks  Jim

Nevermind...I got it moved  KUDOS 

Message Edited by WA7JK on 01-29-2010 10:34 PM
Eagle
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 21 (7,386 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 7, 2010

thanks a lot brother, I had the same problem and couldn't do anything. So I followed your direction and bang, shuts off, and eveything is back to normal

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 21 (7,386 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2134 posts

May 7, 2010
i ran into the same problem only it was when i was switching from the browser to the skype app it froze. I was at mcdonalds and once i got home i did a search on gogole. i found the soultion on the euro scee threads for psp instead of holding down the power button for only 3 seconds you hold it down for 10-11 seconds it shuts it off. simple fix but still a pain
so many people look to GOD for the answer to thier struggles few ever look inside for the strength they so desperatley need

"When a cause comes along and you know in your bones that it is
just, yet refuse to defend it--at that moment you begin to die.
And I have never seen so many corpses walking around talking about
justice." - Mumia Abu-Jamal
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 21 (7,386 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1454 posts

May 7, 2010

This was happening to my psp-3000 while i was trying to play and quiting a game called "Unbound Saga" that i bought off the psn .. hasent happen to any of my other games !

THE REALEST & UNDISPUTED DON
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 21 (7,386 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1344 posts

May 8, 2010

frillybob wrote:

that just resets the RAM

You mean it clears the RAM not reset. Games are loaded onto memory.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 21 (7,386 Views)
0 Likes