Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Re: PSP Go: Unable to format system storage.

Oct 28, 2009

iluvfuz wrote:

valerydb wrote:

hello,

thanks for all your fast responses.
I tried to format it via PC, but here is the thing.
When I plug in my psp go to my PC the system does not fully recognize the psp.
It brings up 2 removable hard drives but neither one can be accessed, and when going to properties it cannot read the disk.
Even mediaGo does not recognize the presence of the psp.
Trying to update the psp did not work, and even restoring default settings brings up a screen saying installation data is corrupt after that it reboots and gives the message system storage not accessable please format(which of course is not working).
I realy hope somebody knows how to try and fix this because im starting to get afraid that I will have to return it to the shop or follow and endless repair procedure with sony.

Thanks for your effort,

Valery

You can always try resetting your PSPgo to factory settings by doing

XMB > Settings > System Settings > Restore Default Settings

If you manage to reset your settings, try formatting it with the methods above. If not, I suggest you just return it for another.

And to CaptainHuggyFace, in the System Settings folder, there are two choices, Format Memory Stick and Format System Storage. It'll say that there is no Memory Stick inserted if you choose that option and you don't have one inserted, not the OP's error. Annoying that the the storage and memory stick are separate...you even have to choose whether to save it on the storage or MS when saving stuff online

lol, you beat me to it. 

Message 11 of 31 (538 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 28, 2009

Hey guys,

Again thanks all, but I already tried to return to default settings. When I try that it starts defaulting and then 'poof' I get a blue screen with several languages saying ''setting information is corrupted. Press O buttor to repair and restore default settings'' After I press the O button it shuts down,when you start it up again( which takes a long time about 1.5 minutes) it asks for language date etc, and as soon as the XMB launches it starts with the error cannot read system storage please format and it all starts over again.
This all started when I was using the mediaGo program for a file transfer of a game which I just bought at the PSN store.
While transferring the psp turned off when I was not paying attention to it.
Thank you all for your help I really apreciate it, but I am afraid there is nothing left but to take it to the local electronics store where I bought it.

greetings,

Valery

Message 12 of 31 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2820 posts

Oct 28, 2009
Wow, there is something wrong with your PSP. Maybe your PSP was made with a few weird files in your flash0. Hope your next PSPgo is better!
Message 13 of 31 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Oct 28, 2009

valerydb wrote:

Hey guys,

Again thanks all, but I already tried to return to default settings. When I try that it starts defaulting and then 'poof' I get a blue screen with several languages saying ''setting information is corrupted. Press O buttor to repair and restore default settings'' After I press the O button it shuts down,when you start it up again( which takes a long time about 1.5 minutes) it asks for language date etc, and as soon as the XMB launches it starts with the error cannot read system storage please format and it all starts over again.
This all started when I was using the mediaGo program for a file transfer of a game which I just bought at the PSN store.

Thank you all for your help I really apreciate it, but I am afraid there is nothing left but to take it to the local electronics store where I bought it.

greetings,

Valery

Your PSP is definitely defected then. PSPs never shut off automatically doing a transfer.
Good luck taking it back! Keep us posted. 

Message 14 of 31 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5189 posts

Oct 28, 2009

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

valerydb wrote:

Hey guys,

greetings,

Valery

Your PSP is definitely defected then. PSPs never shut off automatically doing a transfer.

Unless USB charging wasn't turned on and the battery went flat. 

Message 15 of 31 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5539 posts

Oct 28, 2009

CaptainHuggyface wrote:

GTAMOBSTERX4 wrote:

valerydb wrote:

Hey guys,

greetings,

Valery

Unless USB charging wasn't turned on and the battery went flat. 

No I think the PSP has an auto-cancellation thing when the battery starts getting critically low and you are downloading.

Message Edited by GTAMOBSTERX4 on 10-28-2009 04:08 PM
Message 16 of 31 (538 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 28, 2009

I wish it was just a flat battery, lol.

I took it back to the store today and they said they had to send it back to Sony. I asked if they couldn't just give me a new one instead, since this is not even my own PSP, but a gift to someone. But nope, for some reason they couldn't do that.
So now we have to wait for three weeks. :/ Great.

I'd like to thank you all for your help and the very quick responses, once more. Let's hope Sony will just send me a new one and that I won't have any more trouble with it. *Sigh*

Valery

Message Edited by valerydb on 10-28-2009 02:36 PM
Message 17 of 31 (538 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1224 posts

Oct 28, 2009
At what store was this because it hasn't been a month yet so they should return defective product and replace with new! I know at Best Buy you have a month for returns and this is 1 reason I don't buy electronics from Gamestop because of lousy return policy!
White PSPgo owner and older girl gamer LOL!!
Every dollar Government spends Makes the People Poorer!
Resistance is Futile!!
Message 18 of 31 (538 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Oct 29, 2009

Well, I live in the Netherlands - so no Best Buy or GameStop for me. It's a store that only exists in my country, I believe.
I'm still really dissapointed with the fact that they could not just give me a new one. Having to wait for at least three weeks is miserable.

I wonder, didn't they just have to give me a new one? Part of the warranty, right?

Bah.

Message 19 of 31 (538 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3675 posts

Oct 29, 2009

valerydb wrote:

Well, I live in the Netherlands - so no Best Buy or GameStop for me. It's a store that only exists in my country, I believe.
I'm still really dissapointed with the fact that they could not just give me a new one. Having to wait for at least three weeks is miserable.

I wonder, didn't they just have to give me a new one? Part of the warranty, right?

Bah.

Sorry to hear that Val, the store didn't give you a new one simply because they put profits before customer service. By sending it to Sony instead of just giving you a replacement they insure that they won't take a profit loss on the system.

I would try to avoid dealing with them if you can prevent it.

Good luck with your replacement.

Photobucket
Message 20 of 31 (538 Views)
0 Likes