Sep 20 2012
By: alien_jew_420 Hekseville Citizen 293 posts

PSP Games you have played ON YOUR VITA

[ Edited ]
27 replies 725 views Edited Sep 21, 2012

Taking a page out of my similar thread on PS1 games. this is about PSP games you own and have played on vita. why is it relevant you've played them on vita? because i wanna know if that second analog enhances the game or not!! in case u missed the ps1 thread, here's the gist... list psp games you have on your vita, and a little blurb about why it's good on vita (not as much the game itself altho feel free to write about that as well). OK:

- Monster Hunter Freedom Unite: I wanted to see what all the craze is about. while the game isn't for me, that second analog can be mapped to a camera and it made it a lot easier to play.  :smileyindifferent:

- gods eater burst: yep, u can use that analog stick for the camera. i enjoyed this a lot more than MHFU. :smileyhappy:

- persona 3: no real enhancement by playing on vita, although its a pretty solid rpg. i lost interest after about 20 hours... but for the price of admission it was worth it :smileyhappy:

- syphon filter logan's shadow: pretty solid shooter that holds up. there are even a few ppl playing online still. i felt like a had an edge b/c i have both analog sticks to use dat camera. protip: grab the dualpack w/ killzone lib on ur ps3 and transfer to get both for cheap.

-killzone liberation: i didn't play this much yet just grabbed w/ SFLS to save money. i dont think the second analog did much for this one but please correct me if i'm wrong.

-tom clancy's ghost recon predator: this one sucks you need to hold the trigger and use the same analog stick as movement to aim. it's barely playable with that control scheme, and is no better enhanced by vita. :smileymad:

i'm looking for anyone who's played these psp games ont heir vita:

y's series - are they kinda like hack and slash zeldas? i'm real curious about y's seven.

gta series (not chinatown wars) vicy city and lib stories - does that second analog stick help?

the warriors - never played it; does second analog help?

edit: UPDATES

bought y's 7 last night. the second analog isn't needed to enhance the gameplay at all, it has fixed camera. it is in fact a great psp game. i'm not far at all but my first impressions are it's fun, not as zelda like as i'd hoped but still solid action rpg :smileyvery-happy:

Message 1 of 28 (725 Views)
Survivor
2530 posts

Re: PSP Games you have played ON YOUR VITA

Sep 20, 2012
The second analog stick helps a lot on GTA:LSC and VCS but goddamn VCS is irritating with the slowdowns at times (mind you, this is a flaw of the game, not the emulation on the PSV)~.

I've played Kenka Bancho, which is a really entertaining beat 'em up of sorts but, while you can map the second analog can be mapped to the camera you have no option on how the camera is controlled and thus you have inverted controls (left moves camera to the rlight, and so on and so forth) so, it was more annoying than helpful~.

Everything else I've played on the PSV (sans for GEB which you already listed) are RPGs so afraid the second stick didn't serve any purpose~.
Message 2 of 28 (719 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3429 posts

Sep 20, 2012

The only PSP game I've played on my PS Vita is Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Essentials.

PlayStation MVP | PS Plus member | BETA Tester | YouTube Partner www.twitter.com/semajmarc87 | www.youtube.com/semajmarc87
2,000+ followers | 125+ subscribers
Message 3 of 28 (713 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Sep 20, 2012

As someone who clocked about 600+ hours playing Monster Hunter Freedom Unite on the PSP, I have to tell the experience with the PS VITA improved the gameplay greatly, in fact it just made me wonder how could I play that much without it haha. I cant even think to play this game back with just one analog stick anymore.

Message 4 of 28 (711 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3135 posts

Sep 21, 2012
GTA Vice city stories
Little Big Planet PSP
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Need For Speed Most Wanted 5.1.1
N.O.V.A. PSP mini
Next games im getting are Crazy Taxi and Resistance Retribution.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 5 of 28 (708 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11697 posts

Sep 21, 2012
The big one for me: MGS Peace Walker.

It's outstanding with the second analogue. So good.
Message 6 of 28 (691 Views)
Lombax Warrior
152 posts

Sep 21, 2012
twisted metal
Message 7 of 28 (661 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

Sep 21, 2012

deaofly wrote:
GTA Vice city stories
Little Big Planet PSP
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Need For Speed Most Wanted 5.1.1
N.O.V.A. PSP mini
Next games im getting are Crazy Taxi and Resistance Retribution.

is nova at all enhanced by second analog? or not really. im dying for some fps. i got ps1 medal of honor underground and it is clunky as hell w/ vita controls.

Message 8 of 28 (652 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
293 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 21, 2012

johngie wrote:
The big one for me: MGS Peace Walker.

It's outstanding with the second analogue. So good.

man thats the one mgs game (of the "main" series games) i never played. it's still kinda pricey on psn though. i'm holding out to hopefully see it on sale some time or drop in price. i'd buy it in a heart beat for 10, and strongly consider 15... but 20 too steep for my **bleep** lol

anyone got y's 7 details for me? i watched some videos, it looks like camera functions would help. altho it prob is fine to just play... still hoping for a definitive answer from one of my psvita board bros.

Message 9 of 28 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2530 posts

Sep 21, 2012
There are no camera controls on Ys Seven as a whole, the game has a fixed camera which is very friendly, so the PSV wouldn't change a thing. If you like action RPGs then you'll like the game, they are light on plot but not to the point where it's detracting, the action is fast paced, the music is outstanding and if you play in Nightmare mode you'll get some decent challenge~.
Message 10 of 28 (633 Views)
0 Likes