Last Guardian
11299 posts

Re: PSP Games/PS1 Games look heavily pixelated on VIta. Is there a fix?

Feb 12, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:
Go play a ps1 game on an HDTV, now THAT'S pixelation.

The games are running on psp resolution but it's on a Vita screen, so of course it will be pixelated. The Vita doesn't upscale.

Same with ps1.

Try playing Atari 2600 games on an HDTV /grin/ That should kill anyone there lol

Message 21 of 26 (1,048 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6869 posts

Feb 12, 2013

NeverGivUpHope22 wrote:

I am so extremely disappointed that non Vita games look so bad on the Vita. Vita games look great, and I notice no pixelation. I have Metal Gear Solid HD and it looks fantastic. I have purchased Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim 012 on the PS Store and downloaded those two to my Vita. I noticed when I started playing FF7 that the game looked heavily pixelated, it looked far better on the original Playstation, and I'd know the difference since I played this game numerous times on my original playstation, and in comparison it looks much better compared to how it looks on the Vita. Duodecim is the same... very pixelated, and it hardly even looks HD as there is so much pixelation. The PS3 had great backwards compatibality and it played FF7 and old PS1 games very well and they all look great, even better because the PS3 had a full screen filter option. Why does the Vita have horrible backwards compatability? This sucks man. I feel regretful ever purchasing a Vita at this point. Is there something I can do about this? I tried turning on and off biliner filtering on the Vita and it doesn't make it look much better.

Thats how games look in those time.  Yea , it amazing how times  have changed and games have gotten looking  1000k time better.  But  the gameplay is what counts  I think will agree alot games from those time had better gameplay than the  majority of today.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 22 of 26 (1,048 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11299 posts

Feb 12, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

NeverGivUpHope22 wrote:

I am so extremely disappointed that non Vita games look so bad on the Vita. Vita games look great, and I notice no pixelation. I have Metal Gear Solid HD and it looks fantastic. I have purchased Final Fantasy 7 and Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim 012 on the PS Store and downloaded those two to my Vita. I noticed when I started playing FF7 that the game looked heavily pixelated, it looked far better on the original Playstation, and I'd know the difference since I played this game numerous times on my original playstation, and in comparison it looks much better compared to how it looks on the Vita. Duodecim is the same... very pixelated, and it hardly even looks HD as there is so much pixelation. The PS3 had great backwards compatibality and it played FF7 and old PS1 games very well and they all look great, even better because the PS3 had a full screen filter option. Why does the Vita have horrible backwards compatability? This sucks man. I feel regretful ever purchasing a Vita at this point. Is there something I can do about this? I tried turning on and off biliner filtering on the Vita and it doesn't make it look much better.

Thats how games look in those time.  Yea , it amazing how times  have changed and games have gotten looking  1000k time better.  But  the gameplay is what counts  I think will agree alot games from those time had better gameplay than the  majority of today.

Sometimes that's entirely correct Smiley Happy

The story is my main focus, then gameplay. Graphics don't matter much to me.

Message 23 of 26 (1,040 Views)
First Son
21 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 12, 2013

Yeah I know the PS1/PSP games wouldn't look any better on the Vita I was aware of how they looked since I owned a PS1 in my younger days and the graphics weren't anything compared to todays video games, and yes, graphics don't matter it's the gameplay that counts. What I was saying was is that PS1/PSP games ported over to the Vita actually have visual quality loss, the games look very jagged and pixelated mess compared to how they would look on a PSP/PS3/2/1/ just because Vita's PS1/PSP emulation isn't very good at all. It just bothers me knowing that the games would look much more smooth on their original systems than the Vita. This may seem stupid to some people, that's fine, whatever. It just bothers me, might not bother other people, but it does get to me. Sony half assed it when creating the Vita emulation because I'm pretty sure they could have made an emulation that would give no visual degredation. The PS3 made PS1/2 games actually look better, so why can't the Vita do the same, or at the very least make it so there is no visual degredation? Eh, whatever.

Message 24 of 26 (1,039 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 25, 2014

I just wanted to tell you that you're not crazy at all for being upset by this. In my opinion, people that wouldn't be bothered by this are the crazy ones. Some people dig deeper into the system and programming aspects of these things and care about stuff like this, like you and I.

I was worried about this exact topic that's why I googled it before buying a Vita. Now, I probably won't because of this. It would be absurd to buy a brand-new, $200 system that makes the primary games I would play on it, look worse than the 8 year old PSP. Let alone an actual PSX.

Message 25 of 26 (740 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1008 posts

Jan 25, 2014
i never had anything wrong when i had the vita. of course i was always messing with the settings if the game didnt look right. eventually i found the right settings. persona 3 portable looked even better on the vita than it did the original psp! and legend of dragoon was still jaggy though, however it was smoothed like i was playing it on a ps2. and dont forget its a ps1 game, they were originally made with sd tv and the system was jaggy in the first place. dont complain, if you love the game it wont matter how it looks.

The-White-Wolf-Sig.jpg

Message 26 of 26 (736 Views)
0 Likes