Highlighted
Mar 18 2013
By: Tim81DE Wastelander 845 posts

PSP Collection

[ Edited ]
22 replies 291 views Edited Mar 18, 2013

I just bought Resistance Retribution which help me reach that goal of 200 PSP games!

IMG_4447.jpg

Sory for the blurriness. Don't have the best of camera's.

Behind the Playstation 2 and SNES, the PSP comes in 3rd on my list of favorite consoles. The amount of great games with amazing stories and graphics make it a truly awesome machine.

Looking back, here's my top ten:

10. Wipeout Pure - The first game I got with my PSP and it was a great one. Graphics were crisp and the music is great. I hadn't had that much fun with a handheld racer since Star Wars: Podracing on the GBC.

9. Metal Slug Anthology - Not much to be said here except that it's Metal Slug.The collection includes 1, 2, X, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Really a treat.

8. Space Invaders Extreme - This game redefines Space Invaders. With a ton of new bells and whistles, the fun never stops. This game does for Space Invaders what Pac-Man Championship Edition did for Pac-Man.

7. Pangya Golf - An odd choice, but this anime golfing game beats out Hot Shots. It's quirky charm lies within it's story and characters. The game isn't anything new for golf, but the added elements make it special.

6. Crisis Core: Final Fantasy - I wasn't that big of a Final Fantasy VII nut, but CC was amazing. The cut scenes alone warrant a play through.

5. Socom: Fireteam Bravo - I love the PS2 games and the release of a PSP version was a blessing! The online was terrific and it will forever be my favorite multilayer game on the PSP.

4. Coded Arms - My first experience with shooters on the PSP and I loved it. The best thing about this game is how the dev's used the controls to somehow much that of a dual analog stick controller.

3. Pixeljunk Monsters - Now I know this is a PSN game, but I bought 3 different version because I love it's style so much. The game adds an extra island and more weapons to an already stellar tower defense.

2. Daxter - By far, the best platformer on the PSP. The game goes back to it's roots a little with the first Jak and Daxter, and that's a great thing.

1. Final Fantasy Tactics/LocoRoco - By far, the best remaster of any game! The added cutscenes make this 100% more enjoyable and it really stands out as one of the best games ever made. On the other hand, LocoRoco took me by storm. The ability to tilt the screen and combine rocos was fun and addictive. Throw in catchy music and a ton of extras and you've made a smash hit!

I do have a bunch of others, but I could only find myself giving them honorable mentions.

Adventures to Go - I had this higher on my list when I started, but as I went through all my games, I found that it couldn't have matched up with many of the others on my list. Still, a stellar title and a lot of fun.

Harvest Moon: Boy and Girl - Still my favorite Harvest Moon game. I think the fact that it's a mobile Harvest Moon and it doesn't have any of the weirdness the DS versions gives it an edge.

Final Fantasy Dissidia - Final Fantasy characters in the same universe? Yes, please!

Valkyria Chronicles 2 - A great game, but it falls very short of it's PS3 brother who I consider a nominee for best RPG on the PS3.

Jeanne D'arc - If not for Final Fantasy Tactics, this game would be tops on my list for a tactic RPG. The mix of story, level 5's presentation, and the amazing gameplay make this a special addition to anyone's collection.

Thanks for checking this thread out!

-Tim

My Playstation Collection consists of:
152 PS3 games - 564 PS2 games - 72 PS1 games - 202 PSP games - 11 PS Vita games

Over 1,100 games total Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 23 (291 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1102 posts

Re: PSP Collection

Mar 18, 2013

Good job Tim, that's quite an impressive collection you've got there and thanks for the little info given on each game. I do have a few of the games mentioned on my Vita, but now you've given me an added interest in acquiring a few more. It's just too bad Crisis Core isn't available in the store. From all the good things I've heard from others in the forum, I'm dying to play it. Cheers.

Message 2 of 23 (284 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
355 posts

Mar 18, 2013

gratz on getting a collection of 200 psp games .

Asphaltum wrote:

Good job Tim, that's quite an impressive collection you've got there and thanks for the little info given on each game. I do have a few of the games mentioned on my Vita, but now you've given me an added interest in acquiring a few more. It's just too bad Crisis Core isn't available in the store. From all the good things I've heard from others in the forum, I'm dying to play it. Cheers.

I used to have a psp before but for some reason I missed playing crisis core lol and I call myself a big FF VII fan >.< 

Message 3 of 23 (277 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Mar 18, 2013
Wow! That's an amazing collection!
Message 4 of 23 (274 Views)
Ghost of Sparta
16219 posts

Mar 18, 2013
I have so many PSP games that I can't even list them. As for my favorite systems list.

1) NES

2) PS1

3) PS2

4) N64

5) Xbox

6) PS3

7) GameCube

8) Gameboy

9) PSP

10) PS Vita

...and I'm eagerly looking forward to the PS4.
Multisystem owner. PlayStation owner since 2000. Inaugural PS Plus member:Legendary status. Former PS forum MVP with a launch PS3 & PS4.

Message 5 of 23 (273 Views)
Wastelander
845 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Hawkfan267 wrote:
I have so many PSP games that I can't even list them. As for my favorite systems list.

1) NES

2) PS1

3) PS2

4) N64

5) Xbox

6) PS3

7) GameCube

8) Gameboy

9) PSP

10) PS Vita

...and I'm eagerly looking forward to the PS4.

Love the list. For me, the PS2 is purely due to the mess amount of games. The fact that a majority were good games also made it amazing. The SNES is because it was the first "graphically enhanced" system. While NES was great, the SNES had games like Star Fox, Donkey Kong Country (that game threw me from my seat), and RPG's like Secret of Mana.

I guess the reason I choose the PSP as number 3 is a combination of those two: Great selection of titles while having terrific graphics. Comparing the PSP to the GBC or GBA, I just felt that their were very few titles I enjoyed. Obviously the Pokemon series and the Donkey Kong games, but when it came to sports or fully 3d explorable lands, the PSP rocked that ship.

Message 6 of 23 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

Mar 18, 2013
Very nice to see a real PSP owner who owns his games and not steal them. Kudos to you my friend Kudos Smiley Happy
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 7 of 23 (248 Views)
Survivor
2536 posts

Mar 18, 2013
That's a sick collection, it's a crime there's no way to transfer UMDs to PSV format with such amount of games~.
Message 8 of 23 (244 Views)
Fender Bender
2785 posts

Mar 18, 2013

Pretty cool collection! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 23 (237 Views)
Wastelander
845 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 18, 2013

Asphaltum wrote:

It really is one to be played, and even more so for Final Fantasy 7 fans. It is interesting as to why this game has yet to be added to the digital list, but we can only hope for it soon.

Icestar10 wrote:

Pretty cool collection!

Thanks! Do you have a favorite PSP game?

Deaofly wrote:

Very nice to see a real PSP owner who owns his games and not steal them. Kudos to you my friend Kudos :smileyhappy:

It's sad that a lot went down that path Smiley Sad I'm all for people finding new ways to use technology, but piracy is not one of them. With the amount of games that came to the system, I think there were just a "few" that could have kept them entertained Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 23 (235 Views)