Apr 27 2012
By: pootmo First Son 2 posts

PSP 2001 Help? Battery won't stay connected.

3 replies 492 views Edited Apr 27, 2012

My PSP 2001 started powering on and off.  I noticed that when I held the battery down it would stay on but without me doing that the cover wouldn't hold it tight enough to keep it connected.  I tried 3 different battery covers and none of them will let it maintain constant contact.  I can hold it with my hand or tape it and stays connected but not without doing that.  Is this a contact issue?  A battery issue?  Has a catch inside broken off or something?  Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 4 (492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Re: PSP 2001 Help? Battery won't stay connected.

Apr 28, 2012

Hmm. I reccomend taping the battery with electric tape, then putting a cover on so it looks nice.

WARNING. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANYTHING HAPPENS TO ANYONE OR ANYTHING WHILE YOU ARE (OR ARE DONE) TRYING THIS.

"Being skilled isn't all that's it's made out to be. When you're strong, you become arrogant and withdrawn. Even if what you sought after was your dream."
-Itachi Uchiha, Naruto
Message 2 of 4 (492 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 28, 2012

Yea, I tried that.  It's kind of spotty though and sometimes kicks off.  Someone else has to have had this problem and there has to be a fix for it.

Message 3 of 4 (492 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
26 posts

Apr 28, 2012

Well...

At the risk of your psp not looking good on the back, I suggest you get some black ducktape and secure that battery as well as you can in there.

Sorry, I have a 3000, not a 2000, and that hasn't happened to me...

"Being skilled isn't all that's it's made out to be. When you're strong, you become arrogant and withdrawn. Even if what you sought after was your dream."
-Itachi Uchiha, Naruto
Message 4 of 4 (492 Views)
0 Likes