Jan 16 2013
By: cdimick720 First Son 4 posts

PSOne game menu glitches (Final Fantasy VI)

[ Edited ]
4 replies 397 views Edited Jan 16, 2013

Hey everyone. Last night I bought FFVI from the PSOne classics section of PSN, and I've been having an issue with the menu. Whenever I go to my menu for inventory/skills, the cursor sometimes jumps around a bunch and I am unable to select anything. Usually I'll close the menu and open it up again, and then it will work OK. This happens from time to time, so I figured it might be the d-pad so I changed the controls to the left stick, but I unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.  Usually I could live with this, however there is a part of the game where I have to input a combination of directions with the dpad/joystick and I am unable to do so, even when input it correctly. I think this might have something to do with this weird glitch...

Has anyone had this issue before with this game or other PSOne games? If so how do I fix the problem?

***Just a note, I downloaded/play this on my PS Vita, so I figured this would be the appropriate forum for it. I'm NOT playing this on a PlayStation.

Message 1 of 5 (397 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Re: PSOne game menu glitches (Final Fantasy VI)

Jan 16, 2013

Hahah, yeah I don't think Sabin's Blitz inputs would work well with the analog stick. As for the problem this is the first I've heard of it. The only thing I can suggest is backing up your save file, delete the game, redownload and see if it continues to happen. I know with FF5 there was/is a save glitch that ruins save files but I never encountered that problem while playing.

Hope this helps.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 2 of 5 (374 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Yup, you know exactly where I'm stuck at lol. I input the command correctly (believe me, I know theres a lot of confusion with how Blitz works but I get it) yet it always comes up as an incorrect input. I'm thinking the glitch occurs and it reads the input as a bunch of down keys instead of left right left.

I've formatted my memory card and downloaded the game again, however, this error still occurs. I've even so far as to restore my PS vita and download the game (and then importing my save file), but alas the glitch happens still. I've even created a new save file and checked out if the the glitch occurs on the menu there and it does, so chances are if I played all the way up to that point the Blitz command still wouldn't work...

I looked this up online and someone did have the same issue with the cursor, but the only suggestion was to change the control from dpad to analog, which I've tried already. There was no feedback on whehter or not that worked anyway.

If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Message 3 of 5 (363 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
891 posts

Jan 16, 2013

Hmm, I'm at a loss for ideas. Even if you were to pass this part of the game, Sabin would be nowhere near as good as he can be without his Blitz attacks which you'd learn and use later anyways.

Do you have a PS3? If you do, try doing remote play from the Vita. If that doesn't work your only choice may be to play it from the PS3.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 4 of 5 (352 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 17, 2013

I do but it has the yellow light of death, however I'm thinking of getting a new one anyway so maybe thats the only option. I'm gonna play again later and hopefully it'll work.

If anyone else has suggestions let me know.

Message 5 of 5 (336 Views)
0 Likes