Mar 12 2013
By: b86davis First Son 1 posts

PSN

3 replies 105 views Edited Mar 12, 2013
I just receive a message from guy named Kevin Butler stating that if I copied his message and sent it to 35 of my PSN friends 37 dollars would be added to my wallet on PSN is this spam or real?
Message 1 of 4 (105 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10771 posts

Re: PSN

Mar 12, 2013

Spam.  Those messages have been going around since around 2007.  If it's officially from PSN, it will come in the form of an attachment.

Message 2 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4457 posts

Mar 12, 2013

Yep if you ever get a message saying send this to X amount of people to get something just ignore it as its just junk.

Message 3 of 4 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9113 posts

Mar 12, 2013

b86davis wrote:
I just receive a message from guy named Kevin Butler stating that if I copied his message and sent it to 35 of my PSN friends 37 dollars would be added to my wallet on PSN is this spam or real?

That message is a spam/chain message, you will get no money from that message. That message has levels of wrong.

1. Kevin Butler is not a real person. Kevin Butler is played by actor Jerry Lambert.

2. Actor Jerry Lambert was fired and sued by Sony for playing with a Wii in another commercial.

3. Sony doe not keep track of our messages, and it is a violation of the PSN Terms of Service to send "Chain Messages" you can be reported and banned for that.

4. And Sony will NEVER pay you money to violate the PSN Terms of Service. Sony will NEVER pay you money to send messages to your friends.

1269602956_dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 4 of 4 (90 Views)
0 Likes