Dec 11 2012
By: reddog5432 First Son 3 posts

PSN super slow / errors generally?

2 replies 166 views Edited Dec 11, 2012

The PSN has always been slow for me espcially late evening (Eastern time).  Since the new interface, it seem slow all the time.  just about every download I try fails multiple times, stopping at different places and giving an error.  If I download in the background it may take several hours.  I've don't the internet connection checks many times and the connection looks fine.  Just trying to get an idea is it me or is the PSN an all around miserable experience?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 3 (166 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1252 posts

Re: PSN super slow / errors generally?

Dec 11, 2012

slow? yes. As for the other part, I went to download Mass Effect 3's Leviathan DLC and a few other things the other night all at the same time, and it was going to take over 30 minutes. Now.... I've had the store up alot and if I leave it idle for 30 minutes it times out and you have to exit. I dont' know if either have anything to do with it but I have the PS3's screensaver and the controllers to activate / turn off after 30 minutes.

When I was dl'ing  that DLC, I went afk for a shower. I came back and it had an error AND the store had timed out. I'd never had that happen before. It seems they screwed the store coding and it doesnt' count DOWNLOADING as activity, and thinks you're idle. Just a guess... but a good one i think. So.....  if that's what you meant by it failing...... if your download is going to take longer then 25 minutes I sugggest you just set it to download in the backround and leave the store.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 3 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
28 posts

Re: PSN super slow / errors generally?

Dec 13, 2012

I know what you mean.... It takes forever to download a particular area. I remember before they took out Central Plaza, we didn't have near as many problems as we do now. This is a really BIG problem and it needs to be fixed or there are going to be a lot less PSN users. Just saying...

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 3 (96 Views)
0 Likes