Dec 02 2007
By: ownstation Monster Hunter 37 posts

PSN problems. Will it not accept mastercard debit cards?

4 replies 488 views Edited Dec 2, 2007

anyway I'm having big problems signing up a mastercard debit card to the psn network. It says the card is invalid when it really is valid because i've used it to buy stuff in stores. I googled "debit card problems psn" and it seems this has been an issue. Everytime I tried to enter my debit card info and it rejected it, it costed me $1.00 each time which I found out later after 8 tries. This is so stupid.. I called for a sony rep for a person to solve the issue but their not open.

1. I entered my credit card details EXACTLY as on the card

2. I have over $40.00 on the card

3. It IS a valid card

I have no idea what could be wrong, can anybody help me out please?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Re: PSN problems. Will it not accept mastercard debit cards?

Dec 2, 2007
*cricket*
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (488 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1055 posts

Dec 2, 2007
I don't know what the problem is, but I have a friend who is having the same difficulties so it may be just mastercard cause my visa is workin just fine...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (488 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
33 posts

Dec 2, 2007
i had a similar problem with a visa gift card. After speaking with visa i migth be able to help you out. First, the $1 charges are "test" charges that the PSN sends to see if your account is valid. The money will be returned, i did it about 30 times and it was all credited back to my gift card. With the card being denied, it might be something with your debit card. When i called visa i found out that the system was down and that no one could make any purchaces. So i would call the bank that issued the debit card. Hope that helps
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (488 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jul 18, 2012

I'm having the same issue! mines is a Debit Mastercard and I tried thru the PSN Store...nop.....tries on the website on the computer.....it would say to enter the CC number over and over...so IDK WTH is going on!

>>

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (485 Views)
0 Likes