Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
4403 posts

Re: PSN please listen to this

Dec 13, 2012

renegadesquad wrote:

oh so you're saying that i have better chances to be listened to on the blog rather than the fourm? what i mean by cross game chatting is that you can start a group with some of your friends and talk no matter what game you play. in home you can do this as long as you're in a group. if they ca do that there then  what's the problem with doing it all the way through?

I am not sure whether or not the NEtwork is set up for a private link.  I say this, because the chatter gets a little high in games anyway.  I do not have a head set.  It is mostly because I do not play enough Online to justify it.  With this being said, when I am online, sometimes the talking gets to be a bit much.

Call it undisciplined, or uncoordinated team work, but the end result is always a bunch of people shouting random things.  When I say shouting, I mean it literally.  I have been in BF3 games, when someone is yelling at another player, constantly.  It gets annoying.  

Now imagine people's voices coming out of the stereo, talking about whatever.  This would necessitate a private link or something, otherwise the chatter would be insane.  I will not even get into the people who are arguing with parents, wives, or children while playing.  HIT THE MUTE on the mic!

More or less, I don't think Sony has interest in setting up cross game chat.  It is not a bad idea, it would just take more factors into consideration, and possibly increase the need for more monitors.  A cost I do not think Sony wants to incur.  Besides, you can conference call on most, if not all cell phones now.  If you need to converse with friends who are not even playing the same game, then give them a call.  

I know, not everyone who you play with online can really be considered a "Friend", and then there is the issue of distance, I know.  Still, I must not see the advantage of cross game chat.

As far as being heard, yes the blog will call more attention to your ideas.  Posting here is still acceptable, obviously, and your thoughts will be seen / "heard".  Although, neither the blog or this Forum will ever yield a, "renegadesquad, great idea.  This is so and so, manager of Network Connectivity.  We will instate your idea."  Maybe someday you will have cross game chat, and you can say with confidence, "I helped make that happen".

Regardless, welcome to the Forum.  Have fun and enjoy.

Moble

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 20 (85 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 16, 2012

ok that part is understandible but now my other concern is gamertags. there needs to be a huge solver for this one. i'.ve seen people with the name i hate white ppl or 666deamond. i want sony to give people a chance to change it to something acceptable and if not then people whio can't think of a legit gamertag won't be able to create an account. we should get  together on the blog and really put it out there so that they see how big of an issue it is.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 20 (74 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6529 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

PLYMCO_PILGRIM wrote:

renegadesquad wrote:

I've been hearing alot of people say that you don't overview the fourms. I see alot of good ideas and ones that could make you more money but you still continue to ignore. I do recognize that you can't make all of them come to life, but there are some that you should put into action. like gamertag alterations and cross game chat. if you had to charge evven $2 or $3 bucks to let someone tweak their name then people would appreciate it. i'd like all of PSN to comment on this until we are heard.

Sony does have people reading the forums and some of them do report back things they read.  

Post up your ideas for gamertag changes and cross game chate over in the Playstation Network section and see how it goes...or you can do a search and bump up one of the myriad of threads on the exact same topic in that section.   Sony does know people want this but like I've heard said "the squeeky wheel gets the oil but if it squeeks too much it gets replaced"

What 'facts' do you have to support this claim?

Launch PS4 || Launch 60GB YLOD || PS3 Slim 1TB || Gaming since October 1977 (Atari VCS launch)
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 20 (66 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 17, 2012

the facts that i have are that people make up racist  and offensive names and sony needs to give them a chance to alter them if not change the whole thing into an acceptable one. just go around online and look carefully you'll see them weather on home or on multiplayer games.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 20 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3666 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

renegadesquad wrote:

the facts that i have are that people make up racist  and offensive names and sony needs to give them a chance to alter them if not change the whole thing into an acceptable one. just go around online and look carefully you'll see them weather on home or on multiplayer games.

GAME MODERATORS are not FORUM moderators. There completley different staff... Home mods are there to enforce the T&C of the user using HOME. Home has Specific T&C on top of the PSN ID T&C...

An increased number of PS3 Users now have japanese as a badly typed secondary Language this is needed as the top games comapnies are on Twitter and Facebook but not in English... Its these active users that get things changed. Not the USA English only user.

GT5 for example has A very active japanese language bunch of twits, that convert English request in to japanese and then hit the developer with questions. the developers got so feed up with the bad japanese translations that they agreed to post tweets in English. Its those users that get things changed... 

HTML5 Video streaming from a LAN PC with PLEX on PS4 Browser

Amazon Fire TV owner... With alot of APKs side loaded..
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 20 (56 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 18, 2012

then somethin better change because people are gettin offended and sony is losing customers.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 20 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1684 posts

Dec 18, 2012

renegadesquad wrote:

then somethin better change because people are gettin offended and sony is losing customers.

speak for yourself.... i got my ps3 last year and just got the white vita XD

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 20 (43 Views)
PlayStation MVP
15468 posts

Dec 18, 2012

TheDster wrote:

Dont share with sony, share with the competition.  Sony has crapped on people enough, dont you think?  Sueing even players.  It wouldnt be so bad that they sued players that jail breaked their ps3.  If they really cared about the people that owned one and not to screw the others that own ps3.

God.... your idiocy knows no bounds.... stop posting misinformation and obscuring the truth.

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 20 (38 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Dec 18, 2012

renegadesquad wrote:

why would anyone care what someone elses user id is? i have never cared in the least bit and just about everyone else would probably agree and NO Sony will not lose customers because of it..LMAO

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 20 (37 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Dec 18, 2012

that may be true but u still have people who think otherwise.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 20 (29 Views)
0 Likes