First Son
1 posts

Re: PSN language change

Jul 11, 2010

Did you get an answer from Sony ?  I called yesterday their customer service for the same issue.  The guy told me I would need to create a new account which I consider unacceptable.  I think we need to start filing official complaints.

Message 11 of 21 (4,363 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
636 posts

Jul 28, 2010
man they need to fix this and allow to switch language i mean i speak both. and i prefer English tough i was born in a french world.. this is really.. frustrating.
and now with video store its even worse since most ppl hate the cheesy translations, i cant beleive we dont even have accsess to english content... even my mag themes are in french **bleep** a big fix in their system is needed!

i cant beleive you cant change language, its not like you change country. Damm me.

btw would making a Sub acc work? like be able to play english sub accound video on master french account?
we will probably be blocked adult content but its probably its better than a whole new account.

Message 12 of 21 (4,363 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 6, 2010

Français:

Dans le fond, si on efface pas notre compte local (sur le PS3) on va garder tous nos «achivements» on change le email de notre compte PSN actuel on se crée un nouveau compte avec notre addresse en anglais et puis on l'associe avec notre compte PS3. Ça devrais marcher non?

English:

If we don't delete our PS3 account (local) to keep all our achivements. And if we change our current account email and we create an other one with the «original» email and we associate it our PS3 account does it works?

Message 13 of 21 (4,363 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1459 posts

Aug 6, 2010

I don't have an answer to this problem. It seems like no one does...

I don't think that this should be too difficult. Especially since we use a very small number of languages in North America. Sony should really be able to add an option to change the PSN language in your "Account Settings" for example...

I would suggest that someone suggest this as a change in the PLAYSTATION BLOG SHARE and then post the link to their share in this thread so that everyone can vote on it!

I will vote on it, but I won't suggest it because this isn't a problem for me currently... mais je souhaite bonne chance a tout le monde pour rectifier cette histoire...

Message 14 of 21 (4,363 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 11, 2010

seb_027 wrote:

Français:

Dans le fond, si on efface pas notre compte local (sur le PS3) on va garder tous nos «achivements» on change le email de notre compte PSN actuel on se crée un nouveau compte avec notre addresse en anglais et puis on l'associe avec notre compte PS3. Ça devrais marcher non?

English:

If we don't delete our PS3 account (local) to keep all our achivements. And if we change our current account email and we create an other one with the «original» email and we associate it our PS3 account does it works?

I've tried it... dosen't works....

Message 15 of 21 (4,363 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Aug 17, 2010
I completely agree with everyone, I'm a bilingual anglophone, and it would be very nice to be able to view French content as well as English. I really hope Sony pays attention and does an update.
Message 16 of 21 (4,363 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 25, 2010

I'm I correct in Guessing this is still not possible. To change the language. 

I am from Australia but live in Germany (Which is where I bought my PS). So of course I set my address to Germany and therefore my PSN language is in German. Small problem, I dont speak German!! Probably a good time to learn. But considering i've been here 3 years already. Not really liking my chances! COME ON SONY, LET ME CHANGE MY FRIGGIN LANGUAGE!

Message 17 of 21 (4,363 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Dec 30, 2010

I have the exact same problem! I wanna watch movies in English even if French in my mother tongue. I wrote an email to SONY about this...

I tried Netflix, but this is horrible (no choice and almost all is in standard definitions)!

Message 18 of 21 (4,363 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Jan 26, 2011

I most definitely agree with all of you that Sony should allow us to change the language of the PS Store. I don't see what legal reason they have to forbid us to do so.

If we can change the language of the PS3 and the language of games, why not the one on the PS Store ?

I'm bilingual too and I would like to get the English language on the PS Store for 2 reasons:

1. Content description
  2. Movies in original language, English.

I put mine in French when I subscribed and now my PS Store lacks description on games and I don't even bother renting or buying movies. Sony would make a lot more money if they allowed us to change the language.

If they can't provide a full service in French, they could at least allow us to change it to English. If there's a way to make them hear our request, I'm in.

Message 19 of 21 (4,363 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Feb 2, 2014

I know the issue. I am Danish, but i live and work in Holland. I created my PSN account here as i got both my systems here in Holland. Yet my Dutch is far from fluent and i would prefer to have the language on PSN/PS store in English or Danish without having to make an other account.

Lphjohansen

Message 20 of 21 (3,378 Views)
0 Likes