May 24 2010
By: NargReaper Hekseville Citizen 347 posts

PSN language change

20 replies 31189 views Edited May 24, 2010

first: I am someone who know french and english

the problem is, when I jain the PSN I chose the french language, but now I have a change of heart and what to change it to english. I tried to change it but didn't find anything of this. so is there a way to change language without creating a new account.

Message 1 of 21 (31,189 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1890 posts

Re: PSN language change

May 24, 2010

Go to: Settings > System Settings > System Language

Message 2 of 21 (31,189 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

May 24, 2010

hawkeye1234 wrote:

I am talk about my PSN account not my PS3. My PS3 is english and my PSN account is french, I want to change the language of my PSN account.

Message 3 of 21 (31,189 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
3699 posts

May 25, 2010

NargReaper wrote:

hawkeye1234 wrote:

I am talk about my PSN account not my PS3. My PS3 is english and my PSN account is french, I want to change the language of my PSN account.

Hello NargReaper,

-

When creating a PlayStation®Network Account we will be given the option to choose Where we are From, that will set our Language. After creating the account we will no longer be able to change the PlayStation®Network Account's location again. However we can still change our adresses. If you wish to set your PlayStation®Network Account to a driffernt Language then from your XMB (Xross Media Bar) go to > System Settings > System Language then choose your desired setting.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 21 (31,189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Jul 1, 2010

when I first made my canadian account I was ask to choose between french and english. Since I'm from Québec and I speak french I choose french. Now because of that I don't get description of the game in the PSN store. I only get description of the game when the game is in french if that not the case I get nothing more than the title of the game in the description. I can understand that you cannot change the language if your country have only one official language but in Canada we have french and english as the official language. Where and how can I change the language in my PSN account so I will get Home and the PSN store in english. Yes I know I can change the language System Setting but that only change the language on the PS3 it switch back to french when I got to the PSN store or Home.

Message 5 of 21 (31,189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 2, 2010

I' m a french canadian who likes to listen to his movies in the original english version. The translations from english to french are usualy made in "international" french or "europeen" french and they are cheezy. 

My ps3 language is english.

My playstation network account is french. When i go to the movie section in the store, i can see only movies in french.

How can i see movies in english ? or change my psn account in english to see the english version of the movie ?

Thanks

Message 6 of 21 (31,189 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Jul 2, 2010

I have the same problem: I am a french canadian and I like to watch my movies in english. I didn't care before when the PS Store was in french, but now that the video store has arrived, I would like to change the language to english!!

Also, changing the PS3 language in System Settings does not work for playstation store. I also edited my languages on my PSN profile, put the first one as "english". Doesn't work either. (account management, account information, profile)

I also deleted PS3 browser's cache, cookies and authentification information. PSN Store still in french!!

Message 7 of 21 (31,189 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 2, 2010

The only way I found was to create another account and to have this one opened with the other language.

So now I have my account (created in English) and my wife's (created in French) that I can use to switch from the Playstation store in English or French.

They should really add an option to "switch" languages for browsing PSN services.

Message 8 of 21 (31,189 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
636 posts

Jul 2, 2010
i have the same problem... multiple language regions should be able to chose the language...
i tried to change province and it didnt work

Message 9 of 21 (31,189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Jul 6, 2010

I already emailed Sony about this, waiting for the reply.  It's quite simple actually, we should have access to both films version on the same account... Why should I be denied access to movies in english, just because I speak french.  This just proves they don't really know much about Canada (Outside Toronto that is)... So many people speaks two language....

mesmerizzz
Message 10 of 21 (31,189 Views)
0 Likes