Dec 26 2013
By: CASHMAN_81 First Son 5 posts

PSN is a joke!!!!!

53 replies 986 views Edited Dec 26, 2013

I have had my ps4 since launch and not a single week has gone by where I didn't have issues with PSN.  During the middle of a game it "loses connection" and you can't access the network for hours afterwards.  Some days you can't access the network at all.  Before you say it's my internet connection...ummm...the console is sitting 3 feet from my router AND I'm ONLINE now typing this with no problem (apparently my connection is good enough for apple products).  I can't believe sony makes us pay for a network that it can't provide!!!!!

Also--we have waited for over a month for the "software" update to allow ps3 headsets to work.  The crap you get with the console is a joke and not worth opening.  Doesn't seem like too complicated of a task to submit a software patch THAT YOU ALREADY HAD ON ps3 so that basic PLAYSTATION hardware will work.

Overall---I'm completely unimpressed with sony after being a loyal customer for over 14 years.  I will be returning this crap today and picking up an xbox one like everyone else.  If I am to pay for a network....it should at least work more often.   

Message 1 of 54 (986 Views)
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Re: PSN is a joke!!!!!

Dec 26, 2013
Hey man enjoy your X1 I promise you won't regret it! And make sure you spread the word to everyone you know how terrible PSN is
Message 2 of 54 (957 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Were you connected to the PS4 with an ethernet cable? If so, you may have to open some ports to allow all the traffic to flow through the router to the PS4.

Message 3 of 54 (921 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
15333 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Never mind the flood of network traffic from the ones that got their PS4 for the holidays. That couldn't possibly be the problem. I doubt you are as loyal as you say if your loyalty is so easily shaken that you would buy an Xbox One out of spite. Go ahead, friend; you're not hurting anyone.

Imperator Danknovaxperaux Divi filius Imp XIII Pont Max Trib Pot XLIX Cos CXVI Primus Signiferi Box-xy Princeps Moderatores Pater Forum

Fabulous!
Message 4 of 54 (908 Views)
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Dec 26, 2013
Why are you making excuses for sony? Are they paying you? People pay for the console and they're now paying for PSN. They have the right to complain.
Message 5 of 54 (881 Views)
Lombax Warrior
213 posts

Dec 26, 2013

I have had my PS4 since launch.  I even downloaded and installed the mandatory patch on launch night with no issues.  It finished in 20 minutes.

I have had minor issues here and there but nothing that I did not expect due to the massive amounts of people signing in, especially after Christmas.  If there are issues online I am perfectly content playing single player Killzone, NFS, and Resogun.  

Message 6 of 54 (871 Views)
First Son
13 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Q-Q cachoo, Cashman. I only know one person with an XB1 that actually enjoys it. PSN has flaws because of how many people are using it. Do you not realize the PS4 has outsold the XB1 tremendously in the United States? There are going to be issues, so chillax. If you are loyal for 14 years and cannot handle Christmas day with the millions of new PS3s, PS4s, and PS Vitas being ushered into the network all on the same day then you aren't loyal at all. 

Go ahead and switch to XB1, pay the extra money for a less powerful console, and a network with just as many flaws. 

Message 7 of 54 (863 Views)
Wastelander
828 posts

Dec 26, 2013
I haven't had any issues
Message 8 of 54 (858 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
847 posts

Dec 26, 2013
Yeah the patch at launch took me only a few minutes to download and I was able to play online 3 hours after midnight release. But that's not the issue. The issue is the number of times PSN has been down just this past month. They got away with it when it was this free service that was a joke compared to XBL. But now they're charging for it and actually trying to compete with XBL. So now they're held to higher standards.
Message 9 of 54 (839 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3206 posts

Dec 26, 2013
Sony also has stated that it's up to the developer if they want user's to require PS Plus to play online or not. Have to blame them also.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 10 of 54 (826 Views)
0 Likes