Apr 28 2012
By: weltenhass First Son 1 posts

PSN card exchange?

5 replies 1357 views Edited Apr 28, 2012

Yeah, the title may be slightly stupid, but I didn't know how to say it.

I'm currently studying overseas and I bought a PSN card for my PS Vita and when I tried to activate the code, I got the message that the code is invalid and can't be used. After checking a thousand times and making sure it's definitely correct, I looked up my problem in the internet as well and I found out that I can't use PSN cards from other countries. Sadly I didn't know that, because it seems kinda senseless to me.

So my question is, is there a way to get my money back or somehow still get the money to my PSN account? I'd also change my code for some other user's code. I'm studying in Japan, so I have a Japanese card for 3000 Yen (30$) and I'd need one for the US store. Don't know if that's okay to request that here. If not, just ignore the last part.

Thanks!

EDIT: Oh, of course I'd just sell the card for 30$ (that's actually a good deal for you as the Yen's very strong currently) as well to anyone who's interested in purchasing stuff in the Japanese PSN store. Again, if that's not allowed or illegal to have threads for stuff like this, please ignore this request and if available tell me some other advice for my problem ;]

Message 1 of 6 (1,357 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Re: PSN card exchange?

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2012

Try to give it back where you have it from by contacting them and explaining your 'problem'. The big problem on selling PSN Cards is on trust. How can someone make sure that the code isn't already redeemed? As long as there isn't an online service that can check the status of cards and is something like an escrow service to protect both parties (seller and buyer) no one can make sure that a bought card is still unused. And how can someone make sure you are not going to give the card to other people too or simply gonna use it yourself right after selling it? It's simply impossible to make sure that. This was your first post in here, so your trust level here isn't that big and not a lot of people in here are going to believe your story (no matter if it's true or not). So the best way would be give it to a good friend.

Btw: You also can create a JP PSN Account and use the card there if you can handle the risk.

Message 2 of 6 (1,356 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
9 posts

Jun 30, 2012

I really dont think that would be exactly safe if you know what i mean..... not to be cocky

Message 3 of 6 (1,347 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 6, 2014
Add > EMZN i have a us card im inneeed of a JP one add please
Message 4 of 6 (1,106 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1408 posts

Apr 6, 2014
The store won't take it back . try eBay and sell it there . what ever you do make sure you get a working code then trade yours don't be scames
Message 5 of 6 (1,092 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Apr 6, 2014

@EMZN @GamerJon92 

This thread is almost 2 years old. I think it's safe to assume the OP has moved on.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 6 of 6 (1,067 Views)
0 Likes