Oct 02 2012
By: xChaseM First Son 23 posts

PSN WALLET ISSUES (HEAD COUNT THREAD)

22 replies 310 views Edited Oct 2, 2012

It's hard to keep track of everyone that is posting in the multiple wallet issue threads on here... so if possible, could who ever is having problems adding funds to their PSN Wallet via credit card OR PSN card, please just post here. and how long you've been having this issue.

I know there are MULTIPLE threads on it, but the more there are, maybe the more Sony will notice that there is an actual problem at hand.

I've been attemtping for about a week (haven't tried for months since then) and I have had no luck.

just to make sure we're all on the same page... is everyone getting an error stating that the problem is on the customers side of the transaction? 

Message 1 of 23 (310 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Re: PSN WALLET ISSUES (HEAD COUNT THREAD)

Oct 2, 2012

I genuinely wish you luck.  I had issues with a PSN Card that was used before I had a chance to input it into my system.  I only have One Account and One PS3.  Sony Customer Relations did not want to help me.  They told me I had to go back to the store.  The Store of course told me to talk to Sony; and so on and so on.

These Avenues of resolution DO NOT WORK!

-     pscustomer_service@playstation.sony.com

-     PlayStation Technical Support Window on PLayStation Network Page

(Friendliest, but actually powerless to help in these matters, or so I was told)

-     1-800-245-SONY (7669)  is absolutely F'n USELESS!  

Customer Service Supervisor Ryan is extremely douchey, and hung up on me.

Although other issues dealt with different means of payment and other difficulties, I believe they all stem from the same problem, as you do,  Sony is at a point where the amount of people it is affecting seems to be below some threshold for action.  Hopefully your post gets enough attention of someone to bring these issues to light.  Unfortunately, I don't think we will find it here, as I am sure some will begin to tell you.  It does not mean you should abandon the fight though.  I went after Sony for over a month before they rectified my situation.  

I found resolution to my issue, I hope you and other may find one as well.  Good Luck.

Moble

Message 2 of 23 (302 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Oct 2, 2012
Oh, and

Welcome to the forum

Message 3 of 23 (300 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Oct 2, 2012

I was able to add $10 into my wallet a few days ago as a test run to see if it was working, my eyes lit up haha... when I tried to add the other 50 to purchase a pre order, I was met with the familiar fate I was dealing with the week prior... so that proves that my billing information is in fact correct. 

I completely understand that my words are literally a scrape on the surface of this issue, thank you for the kind words.

Message 4 of 23 (298 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

Oct 2, 2012

No problem.  

I try to help.  When I first came on the Forum looking for answers and trying to call attention to the issue, in hopes someone at Sony would see, I met with some grumpy people.

Although they could not help me with my issue, I did find a few "friends" here.  The others I just ignored.  I find it easier to help those you can, and ignore the rest.  Some people on here will try to dictate the conversations, whether or not they have true interest or not.  Some just like to try and prove they have their Big Boy Pants on.  

I just wanted to lend a friendly voice to the thread, and wish you luck in your struggles.

Moble 

Message 5 of 23 (289 Views)
First Son
23 posts

Oct 2, 2012

At first I thought it was because I'm trying to access my US account while currently in Australia (I want to purchase NBA 2k13 over here so I can download it when I get back)  but that seems to not be the problem either... I had a buddy of mine log into my information who lives 20 minutes away from me back home in the states, and it still wouldn't work... just hoping for a possible solution eventually.

Message 6 of 23 (278 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 3, 2012

Yep, having the same issue here all of a sudden. Been using the PSN for a year with my card but all of a sudden tonight it told me to verify my details and now is erroring out when I try to add funds. Tried a different card and same problem...

Message 7 of 23 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Oct 3, 2012

I caved in, and went to PCgamesupply.com you can purchase PSN game codes and they email the code to you... personally I had a great experience with them, I bought a $10 code just to see the legitimacy of this website, and it all cleared through, $10 into my wallet... code worked fine,  no issues...and it lets you use PayPal as a method of payment, so none of your personal finance information has to be revealed.  only downside is that you get about a $65 spending limit per day, but I can live with that... temporary solution to a problem that needs to be fixed. but yes, PCgamesupply.com IS legitimate and works well.

Message 8 of 23 (227 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4421 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 3, 2012

xChaseM wrote:

I caved in, and went to PCgamesupply.com you can purchase PSN game codes and they email the code to you... personally I had a great experience with them, I bought a $10 code just to see the legitimacy of this website, and it all cleared through, $10 into my wallet... code worked fine,  no issues...and it lets you use PayPal as a method of payment, so none of your personal finance information has to be revealed.  only downside is that you get about a $65 spending limit per day, but I can live with that... temporary solution to a problem that needs to be fixed. but yes, PCgamesupply.com IS legitimate and works well.

Sounds like an ad.  Do you work for PCgamesupply.com, by any chance.  JK, but seriously?

Moble

Message 9 of 23 (212 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Oct 3, 2012

no, I honestly don't haha I live in Australia currently. I'm attempting to fund my US account from over here, and at first I thought it had something to do with me being in a different country, until I read that people were funding their accounts from other countries no problem.

I wanted to pre-order NBA 2k13, but unfortunately I missed that ship because I wasn't able to add funds :/ 

but yeah, I tried best buy and amazon and they were all sold out of the digital codes, I googled other options because I'm surprisingly impatient for this... did some reference checks myself and figured that at $10 experiment to see if the site is legit or not wouldn't be a major sacrafice. I was just as surprised when it actually worked to be totally honest.

and no haha I don't work for PCgamesupply.com, but as of a few hours ago, I definitely support it.

Message 10 of 23 (205 Views)
0 Likes