Apr 10 2013
By: UkeAgent21 First Son 15 posts

PSN Store's New Interface

[ Edited ]
7 replies 125 views Edited Apr 10, 2013

So, the interface isn't as "new," however, I let it be due to hope it'd get better. Don't get me wrong, I love the new interface. It's sleek, and serve the purpose of advertising new content.

But

- I find it much harder to scroll through games and find my specific title.

+ kudos on the faster search option

- the faster search option isn't as fast as me using the usual typing interface

+ Once inside a games "profile" let's call it, you can find all videos, add-ons, extras, related content, etc,

- I cannot simply look up their add-ons without anything else in the way. I miss the separate option to look up a game's list of add-ons and see which ones are newer without a limit.

Not even addressing the fact that it is sometimes slower than before, I'd like to see some of these things changed.

the rights of the few = the rights of the many
Message 1 of 8 (125 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Re: PSN Store's New Interface

Apr 10, 2013

I like the interface, there are too many confirmations when buying something at the checkout. I liked the old search function better - simply typing in the name of the game and find that it's still slow and laggy but faster than when the update was first implemented.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 2 of 8 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10008 posts

Apr 10, 2013
i dont like the new interface it always seems slow to me i like the old look and feel
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Message 3 of 8 (110 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34871 posts

Apr 10, 2013

I like the interface, I like the search function, I like the whole look actually, I do wish it ran a bit faster though.

BRIT-KO

Message 4 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12791 posts

Apr 10, 2013

I wish it wasn't it's own little "App".

The old PS Store loaded up instantly when you chose the PS Store icon.

And when you exited, popped you right back to the XMB.

Now you have to wait for that loading thing. And then choose to "Quit" the PS Store, causing it to reload the XMB.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 8 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4491 posts

Apr 10, 2013

The old store was so much better... but there is no point complaining about the UI anymore lol

If the PS4 wasn't coming out this holiday season I'm sure the store woulda stayed the same for a little bit longer...

YB

Message 6 of 8 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
597 posts

Apr 10, 2013

I love the look, but it is very sluggish.

I don't like the search function, as I can type each letter individually using the onscreen keyboard many times faster than the vertical list of letters allows.  It has a very restricted feel to it.

I also don't like how it takes 45 seconds, after selecting the app, before it opens and returns control to me.

Message 7 of 8 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
MVP Support
6677 posts

Apr 11, 2013

W1Z4RDRY wrote:

I like the interface, there are too many confirmations when buying something at the checkout. I liked the old search function better - simply typing in the name of the game and find that it's still slow and laggy but faster than when the update was first implemented.

I've noticed if you select ''Require Password at checkout'' you don't have to go through 2-3 confirmation pages.

Message 8 of 8 (59 Views)
0 Likes