Treasure Hunter
4901 posts

Re: PSN+ Stackable? (Real Answer)

Feb 13, 2011

Rewards will be open to everyone on 4/1. I decided against stacking because come 9/28/11, I'm sure we will see a really good renewal offer for all the year one subs expiring And jb you inviting all of us over? Your 42" sounds awesome lol

Message 11 of 21 (34 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1250 posts

Feb 15, 2011

That is actually a really good point, but Sony would have a shit storm on their hands if a lot of folks renew early, stack, whatever and then they offer something that is above and beyond the value of 3 free months.

I actually did not stack this weekend.  Instead, I put $45 towards the 2-year warranty plan.  I almost never do extended warranties, but I think it was needed in this case.  (A) my original 60 GB PS3 had to be repaired once by Sony, and again by me (YLoD), and (B) my family is starting to make heavy use of the Blu-ray player.

Message 12 of 21 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
237 posts

Feb 15, 2011

nice thanks for the info. PlayStation Plus Member Pictures, Images and Photos

Message 13 of 21 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 17, 2011

I successfully stacked another year of subscription. but here's my question.

the games downloaded still have old expiration dates.

how to let the games set to new expiration dates?

(playing the games won't do it, re-downloading the game will set that 1 game to new expiration dates.

if this is the only way, then it sounded crazy, i have to download everything once every year?)

i appreciate if anyone knows an easy way to do this. (especially those who renew every 3 months) thanks

Message 14 of 21 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4901 posts

Feb 18, 2011

jcalvert wrote:

That is actually a really good point, but Sony would have a **** storm on their hands if a lot of folks renew early, stack, whatever and then they offer something that is above and beyond the value of 3 free months.

Yeah that's why I'll wait, they already said to expect more offers such as free games and are considering a few promos.

checkmate2009 wrote:

I successfully stacked another year of subscription. but here's my question.

the games downloaded still have old expiration dates.

how to let the games set to new expiration dates?

(playing the games won't do it, re-downloading the game will set that 1 game to new expiration dates.

if this is the only way, then it sounded crazy, i have to download everything once every year?)

i appreciate if anyone knows an easy way to do this. (especially those who renew every 3 months) thanks

They will refresh on the original expiry date and reflect the new end date afterwards.

Message 15 of 21 (34 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Feb 18, 2011

Thanks for the info.

I hope it works the same to games (PS1 & Minis) on my PSP.

By just connecting the PSP back to PS3 after games expire...

Message 16 of 21 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 5, 2012

So, using this theory, I should be able to redeem the three seperate 3 Month PS+ subscriptions that I received and get a total of 9 months of PS+ subscription ? Is this still possible since this thread is almost one year old ? I've emailed Sony with this question but they have yet to reply. Any information on this will be appreciated.

Message 17 of 21 (34 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Jan 8, 2012

I read somewhere about someone else doing that with the emailed promo plus codes..

Since I haven't done it myself, I can't 100% say it will stack, but I'm pretty sure it would..

If you do it, feel free to update us..

Message 18 of 21 (34 Views)
Lombax Warrior
105 posts

Jan 11, 2012

I finally got a reply from Sony support and they informed me that yes, the codes are stackable. At least the ones that I got from the Subway contest are. These are 3 month subscription codes. But the service rep seemed to be concerned as to which codes I had. The email hinted that the 30 day subscription codes that are availble from PS3 bundles are not stackable though. Hope this information helps others too

Message 19 of 21 (34 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Jan 25, 2012

Additional question about this.  Anyone know the maximum amount of PS+ subscription that can be stacked on one account?  Could you subscribe for 5 years right now if you wanted?

Message 20 of 21 (34 Views)
0 Likes