Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Aug 17 2011
By: executivebiscuit First Son 3 posts

PSN Signing Out Problem. Help!

5 replies 601 views Edited Aug 17, 2011

I just got a new PS3 Slim 80GB about a week ago because my old fat model 20GB got the YLOD. The slim worked fine, it froze only once, but now as of last night I would sign in to PSN, then every 3 or 4 minutes it would sign me out with a notice saying "Error: signed out of PlayStation Network." Then it would have some error code or number following that. Now it might be my internet, as I have a wired connection and inconsistent internet. I usually have to do something with the internet to get it to work, go to Internet Connection Test and hope it succeeds, and then sign in. I did these steps (as normal) and signed in. About 3 minutes later, it gives me the error message and signs me out. I quickly try to sign in again, and it takes all of 15 seconds for it to sign in again. Then 2 minutes later it signs me out, and then that process repeats. I don't know if my internet so happens to be laggy and randomly sign me out for its downed connection or its a problem with the PS3 itself. Should I try connecting to wireless? How do I fix this problem as to always stay signed in when I sign in?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 6 (601 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
16341 posts

Re: PSN Signing Out Problem. Help!

Aug 17, 2011

executivebiscuit wrote:

I just got a new PS3 Slim 80GB about a week ago because my old fat model 20GB got the YLOD. The slim worked fine, it froze only once, but now as of last night I would sign in to PSN, then every 3 or 4 minutes it would sign me out with a notice saying "Error: signed out of PlayStation Network." Then it would have some error code or number following that. Now it might be my internet, as I have a wired connection and inconsistent internet. I usually have to do something with the internet to get it to work, go to Internet Connection Test and hope it succeeds, and then sign in. I did these steps (as normal) and signed in. About 3 minutes later, it gives me the error message and signs me out. I quickly try to sign in again, and it takes all of 15 seconds for it to sign in again. Then 2 minutes later it signs me out, and then that process repeats. I don't know if my internet so happens to be laggy and randomly sign me out for its downed connection or its a problem with the PS3 itself. Should I try connecting to wireless? How do I fix this problem as to always stay signed in when I sign in?

Thanks

First, you should write down the error code and look it up here:

http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/index.htm?a_id=939

Second, if your internet is inconsistent going wireless will only be worse.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 6 (601 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 23, 2012

I just bought a playstation slim 160gb and I use WIFI to play online. I always play black ops and my connection is on and off between 50% and 100%. I don't understand why, but every time I try and get online to play black ops, it signs me out of the playstation network and I have to run a connection test multiple times. It repeats over and over. I have disabled media center thing in network settings and it still does it. I try and move it around a bit, to get a better connection through my room, (I do sometimes) and when my connection gets better, I get online, it signs me in, and when I get ready to play online, I get signed out again and my connection seems to be low again. How do I fix this problem?

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 6 (408 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 23, 2012

Your only option is to go Wired. I've had it with Wi-Fi on the PS3 myself and will be picking up a nice 30ft+ ethernet cable when I get a chance.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 6 (401 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 20, 2013
When I'm online playing zombies and normal, I get kicked out and signed out, always happen, I'm very disappointed in psn, if this keeps on happening , I'm going to switch to Xbox
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 6 (168 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Feb 20, 2013
And also I have wired connection
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 6 (167 Views)
0 Likes