May 30 2013
By: JimmyBoy_15 First Son 3 posts

PSN Signed Out - Cannot Log Back In

4 replies 205 views Edited May 30, 2013

Hey All,

My brother turned on the PS3 this evening to see that it had been randomly signed out. Tried to sign back in and didn't work. He proceeded to try all the different common passwords and none worked so we went to reset the password, but never received the email for a password reset (yes, we checked the junk mail). Then we went on the computer to the PSN website here to reset the password, but when we completed the form it simply popped up with a message reading "Unable to process change password request at this time. Please try again later."

Any suggestions? Besides trying again later. Anyone else signed out that can't get back in?

Any info helps.

Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 5 (205 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7475 posts

Re: PSN Signed Out - Cannot Log Back In

May 30, 2013
Password Resets have a cooldown, from what I read.

Any error codes?
FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice: 16SVoaaAfWtywpQ9GDqqzfoyGvt21XCB6M
Dogecoin is nice too: DU6DPv41zfqbSwvFz8LKYhVcgLsX85B3My
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 5 (198 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
735 posts

May 30, 2013

JimmyBoy_15 wrote:

Hey All,

My brother turned on the PS3 this evening to see that it had been randomly signed out. Tried to sign back in and didn't work. He proceeded to try all the different common passwords and none worked so we went to reset the password, but never received the email for a password reset (yes, we checked the junk mail). Then we went on the computer to the PSN website here to reset the password, but when we completed the form it simply popped up with a message reading "Unable to process change password request at this time. Please try again later."

Any suggestions? Besides trying again later. Anyone else signed out that can't get back in?

Any info helps.

Thanks!

Considering you were able to sign in here there is nothing wrong with your net, but it may be a case of a faulty pickup with the router on the PS3.

It sometimes has happened to me where I couldn't sign in for prolonged periods of use or inititally upon startup. 

You may have luck trying to reset the network connection and trying again after a day. Resetting the router may work too. 

If that doesn't work try moving the PS3 as I used to encounter many problems in a certain location at my place until I increased its elevation.

I would give it some time too, if you haven't encountered this problem before, it may likely solve itself tomorrow, and could just be a faulty PSN.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 5 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 30, 2013

No error codes from what we've gathered. I thought there might be a cooldown period on the password reset. I've heard 24 hours? You'd think sending a new reset request would simply cancel out the previous.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 5 (195 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

May 30, 2013
This is a separate account. My own personal PS3, not my brother's. Thanks though.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 5 (193 Views)
0 Likes