Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 12 2012
By: swollen_ostrich First Son 15 posts

PSN Plus Online Code Cards No Longer Available For Purchase Online?

[ Edited ]
4 replies 306 views Edited Oct 12, 2012

So, my plus account ran out, and i'm finding that everyone online is out of the online redeemable PSN Plus Cards (The ones where you buy the card and they send you the redemption code via email).

Everyone who used to sell them is showing them as out of stock, and only have the physical cards available.

Any one else run into this?

Any one know why?

Message 1 of 5 (306 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: PSN Plus Online Code Cards No Longer Available For Purchase Online?

Oct 12, 2012
I'm not sure if you're checking websites like Gamestop, and Best buy, or websites that sell all kinds of computer codes along with PSN and Xbox Live codes. The small businesses you find online that sell Key Codes should have them, you'll just have to pay $5-10 more for an "activation fee". Another suggestion is to google "cheapassgamer PSN code trading thread", you can buy a year of Plus from users for $40 or less through Paypal. Just make sure the person you're looking to buy from, or trade with, is trusted with a good rep.
Message 2 of 5 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Oct 12, 2012

I've checked Best Buy, Gamestop, etc. And even some of the overseas sites.  All of them that I've checked (20 or so total) have been the same way - online cards out of stock, physical cards in stock.

Message 3 of 5 (288 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah, I just checked a few sites myself, I see what you mean. Your best bet is what I told you to google. People accept payment ranging from Paypal, Amazon gift cards, MS Points, PSN Game codes, DLC, etc. Depends on what they have on their "Want" list.
Message 4 of 5 (281 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Oct 12, 2012

I ended up just buying mine with points from my Sony Visa card.  Oddly enough, their member site is still offering the online code type of cards.

Message 5 of 5 (276 Views)