Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 09 2013
By: BigDave295 First Son 2 posts

PSN: PS2 Classics Requests/Suggestions

[ Edited ]
16 replies 334 views Edited Feb 24, 2014

PlayStation Network and all gamers it may concern,

As a former PS2 gamer and now PS3 gamer, I have been patiently awaiting the arrival of any and all LucasArts games. I can't tell you how many hours I have logged into my old PS2 memory card playing Star Wars Battlefront I and II, as well as Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction.

I do not know why any other gamers have not spoken up and voiced the request for these great classic games. I know I cannot be the only one out there.

If there are any other gamers who agree with me, lets inform Sony and the PSN that we want to keep playing the games we love.

I want to see if Sony and the PSN can live up to the PS3's slogan, "It Only Does Everything."

Thanks,

Dave

P.S. I think that Mercenaries is no longer owned by LucasArts (Disney), but actually owned by EA now.

PS3 Slogan.jpeg

Edit: Updated label. For more information on labels, click here: http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-General/Labels-Best-Practices-in-PS-General/td-p/...

Message 1 of 17 (334 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24949 posts

Re: PSN: PS2 Classics Requests/Suggestions

[ Edited ]
Nov 9, 2013

I see we're still harping on the "it only does everything" slogan. It's called hyperbole. An exaggerated statement that is designed to make a point.

As for the Battlefront games and Mercenaries, I wouldn't count on it. Both were developed by Pandemic, which doesn't exist anymore, and everything Star Wars is now owned by Disney. I know that there's this thinking of "well it's on the Playstation and it's the Playstation Network, so it's up to Sony to release these", however that is not the case. You would have to ask the individual studios, and not Sony, if the games would be released on the Playstation Store.

Edit: If you're expecting that the Battlefront games would "totally have totally on-totally-line", they won't. The PS2 had a decentralized network, and the online portion will not run on the Playstation Network. Also the servers have been shut down for nearly a year.

Message 2 of 17 (327 Views)
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Nov 9, 2013

I second Battlefront 1 & 2 but mainly...........

Message 3 of 17 (324 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24949 posts

Nov 9, 2013

If we haven't seen SOCOM 2 in high defintion by now, chances are we aren't getting it, ever.

Message 4 of 17 (318 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
177 posts

Nov 9, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

If we haven't seen SOCOM 2 in high defintion by now, chances are we aren't getting it, ever.

A boy can dream! Looks like the closest thing we are ever going to get is the spiritual successor "H-Hour" for PS4 due to Zipper's shut down. Still wish they would do an HD remake as well, being that it's still Sony's IP now I guess.

Message 5 of 17 (311 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Nov 9, 2013
I'd like to see Dragon Ball Z Budokai 2 available. That was my favorite game from the original Budokai trilogy, and I miss being able to play it. Why couldn't they give it to us in the HD collection alongside 1 and 3?
I was too impatient in getting a PS3, so I immediately sold my PS2 and all my games to help pay for it. In hindsight it was a bad idea.
Message 6 of 17 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
42 posts

Nov 9, 2013

Collections I'd like to see:

Onimusha 1-4

Xenosaga 1-3

FFXII even though it wasn't my favorite of the series

Dark Cloud 1 and 2

Maybe Grandia 2+...

Message 7 of 17 (303 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Nov 9, 2013

CaptainAlbator,

I understand the slogan is an exaggerated statement. I was just using it to sharpen the blade of my argument, sorry if I came off too strong.

So, there is no way of contacting either EA or Disney and requesting the games be a viable option for Sony and the PSN? I mean, is it something that those studios could quote a price on, and then Sony could weigh the options as to whether or not there is a market for these games and those alike? (I apologize if my idea on how this would work is way off)

I know that Pandemic Studios is closed. But would that put their products, and anything they did produce and sell "up for grabs"?

Is there a way to get in touch with these studios and voice my opinion as a consumer?

Oh, and I was not expecting for there to be any online capabilities, which I am sure without it would not yield the same type of revenue if it did. I just like starting a single player conquest and maybe playing two player on a split screen when I owned my PS2.

Thanks for such a quick response,

Dave

Message 8 of 17 (293 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Feb 24, 2014

-SSX (2000)

-SSX Tricky

-SSX 3

-Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

- DDR Series

Message 9 of 17 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
60 posts

Feb 24, 2014

Dark Cloud 1 and 2 for sure. Loved those games.

The Bouncer, just to play it again. I remember reading onld EGMs and PSMs looking at screen shots for the early versions of the game. That game got people hyped for the PS2 and the power of the console, only to deliver a butchered and gutted game (that was still fun!). I wanted more from it, but I dug the combat.

TimeSplitters.

SSX.

EOE Eve of Extinction.

Steambot Chronicles.

Shadow of Destiny.

Disaster Report.

Those are just a few niche/hard to find/long forgotten games I loved on PS2 that I wouldn't mind seeing released.

Message 10 of 17 (140 Views)
0 Likes