Wastelander
654 posts

Re: PSN PLUS AMERICA!

[ Edited ]
May 4, 2013
I've spotted your issue:

LooZ- wrote:

i expect a big game

I'm assuming by "big game" you mean "mainstream title."  PS+ doesn't specify what types of games will be offered, so your expectations should range between PSP minis and mainstream PS3 titles, with an expected emphasis on neither.

Message 11 of 36 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

May 5, 2013
@setzaroth - actually the lame games are not subjective. The fact that other than spec ops & sleeping dogs almost all the other ps3 titles are well over 1.5yrs old (from date of original release to when it became free on ps+). Whereas, the EU games, most anyways, were released inside of 6months.

As far as the licensing & publishing agreements, I guess I don't understand. Don't the EU ps+ counterparts have to negotiate with the publishers in Europe? Why do they seem to negotiate such better deals? Did PS+ NA give an official reason why we're so behind?
Message 12 of 36 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 5, 2013

uptownsoul wrote:
@setzaroth - actually the lame games are not subjective. The fact that other than spec ops & sleeping dogs almost all the other ps3 titles are well over 1.5yrs old (from date of original release to when it became free on ps+). Whereas, the EU games, most anyways, were released inside of 6months.

As far as the licensing & publishing agreements, I guess I don't understand. Don't the EU ps+ counterparts have to negotiate with the publishers in Europe? Why do they seem to negotiate such better deals? Did PS+ NA give an official reason why we're so behind?

Lol, yes...IT IS. Do you not know what the word means? People like them, therefore, they cannot get an umbrealla of "lame" especially since it is a minority complaining about it.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 13 of 36 (135 Views)
Big Daddy
16918 posts

May 5, 2013

What made you make a NEW THREAD about this for? When there are already PLENTY of threads for you to spout your ignorance in....

Furiously Chaosing
Message 14 of 36 (129 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

May 5, 2013
No actually it's not subjective. Syne lame isn't the right word. Maybe the NA Ps+ is "less valuable" than it's EU counterpart. Since we all know that no matter how "good" a game is, the longer it has been released the less valuable it becomes(as with any product for sale)(example - virtually any game released in 2009 is cheaper than virtually any game released in 2012). Thus the newer the ps+ game is (ie closer to original launch date), the more valuable it is in dollar amount. So yes LAME is the wrong word but LESS VALUABLE seems appropriate.
Message 15 of 36 (124 Views)
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

May 5, 2013

Ok, since when does the current market value that a company decides it can sell a game for determine its fun value. And you would be correct in saying the $ amount isnt subjective because its a set price, I'll give you that, but when I responded I was responding to the game list being "lame" so, in short, thank-you for agreeing with me.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 16 of 36 (122 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

May 5, 2013
Fun value? Well that is subjective. What's fun for you may not be fun for me. Besides, I didn't buy my ps+ sub with fun. I spent dollars. So I'm trying to raise the dollar value of the NA ps+ sub by "complaining" to get more current titles. Did I imagine a better IGC library? No. EU is setting a bar, I'd like NA to meet that bar. If they can't they should tell us why. And no, I know their not required to tell us why (I know they want us thinking the grass is greener next month (June prob is better with E3 and all), but I'm talking over the past year of IGC)
Message 17 of 36 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
654 posts

May 5, 2013

The dollar value of PS+ will always be met, so I'm not worried about the dollar value, myself.  I want enjoyable content regardless of it's monetary value.

Message 18 of 36 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
263 posts

May 5, 2013
That's fine. I guess I don't understand the people who don't like us complainers. Either Sony listens & pushes to get us on par with EU, or they don't. If they don't then you all keep getting the games that make you content. If they do something (more current titles/get us on par with EU), it drives the value up. So if you believe the value is good, it will only get better. Textbook win-win.
Message 19 of 36 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
18676 posts

[ Edited ]
May 5, 2013

Here's the fatal flaw in what you apparently dont understand. Nobody that works for SONY spends any substantial time reading these threads, if at all. And even if they did, SONY is so large and departmentalized, the person on the forums would have squat to do with the content of PS+

When the forum civil war broke out over the ill-named"loyalty voucher" 100s of people were commenting per hour, and thread after thread was popping up, and we still barely managed to get a half-way official answer...

These days, you have to get your complaints noticed on PlayStation's official Twitter, or the SCEA BLOG. The forums are primarily for socializing.

RE-THINK SALAD

Message 20 of 36 (96 Views)
0 Likes