Nov 26 2013
By: Paranimal86 Lombax Warrior 88 posts

PSN Network hacked again!

20 replies 940 views Edited Nov 26, 2013
I'm goin to get a PS4 but d@mn Sony needs to get this sorted out, they won over a lot of the xbox fan base with their gaming focus first policy. That being said if they want to keep them they have to beef up network security first and foremost as someone on the XBL service for over 10 years I've yet to have an issue with my credit card info stolen... My buddy just got a PS4 last week who was also an xbox guy and had his CC info stolen with fraudulent charges within 3 days of being on PSN. He's never had issue with his card until being on PSN he is NOT HAPPY! Luckily Amex has a great policy when it comes to stolen info but seriously, this is what shut down PSN for a month a couple years ago and they still don't have this right?
Message 1 of 21 (940 Views)
Sackboy
511 posts

Re: PSN Network hacked again!

Nov 26, 2013
Okay.
47Reviews.BlogSpot.com

Reviews from me -- an honest reviewer who isn't paid off.
Message 2 of 21 (921 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Yeah, I'm sure that actually happened......

Your friend was probably stupid and attempted to gameshare, and the other person used his CC.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 3 of 21 (914 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Nov 26, 2013

IM SORRY FOR YOUR FRIEND.I NEVER USE A CREDIT CARD ON THE NET NO MATTER WHAT.YOU CAN BY A PSN CREDIT CARD INSTEAD.FREE OF MIND ....

Message 4 of 21 (911 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
9165 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Your account was not hacked those who replied have no idea of what Sony did recently.I was also affected by this.Here a link of the official annoucement.Also be patience as a lot of people are having the same issue.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-Network-Support/INFO-Password-not-working-today-R...

KANE-FIRE

Message 5 of 21 (890 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1616 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 26, 2013

He is not reporting a password issue. He is simply ranting for his friend that probably shared his account.. His CC was used in the playstation store without his knowledge. I say read up before trying to call out others.

Message 6 of 21 (864 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
11160 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Paranimal86 wrote:
I'm goin to get a PS4 but d@mn Sony needs to get this sorted out, they won over a lot of the xbox fan base with their gaming focus first policy. That being said if they want to keep them they have to beef up network security first and foremost as someone on the XBL service for over 10 years I've yet to have an issue with my credit card info stolen... My buddy just got a PS4 last week who was also an xbox guy and had his CC info stolen with fraudulent charges within 3 days of being on PSN. He's never had issue with his card until being on PSN he is NOT HAPPY! Luckily Amex has a great policy when it comes to stolen info but seriously, this is what shut down PSN for a month a couple years ago and they still don't have this right?

Sign up for PSN and credit card stolen in the same week...   big coincidence, but that's all it is.

In five years on PSN, I have NEVER had an issue with credit card security even when the PSN was hacked.  In fact, as far as I know, credit card information was never at risk in that debacle.  Only user emails and other not-so-sensitive information was ever at risk, and there is still, to this day, no information on whether the compromised database was ever decrypted.

More likely, your buddy's credit card was stolen through other channels.  The timing was simply... unfortunate coincidence.

Message 7 of 21 (861 Views)
Treasure Hunter
6100 posts

Nov 26, 2013
The average xbl user gets taken for 150$ by account hacking.

Psn is nowhere near that high.

So yeah. Coincidence nothing more
 photo newforumsig_zps5ec69817.png
Message 8 of 21 (810 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Nov 26, 2013

Paranimal86 wrote:

Your "friend" either gameshared his account with someone else.... or his credit card was stolen and used elsewhere....

What makes you say that its the PSN's fault?

For as long as the PSN has been active, NO ONE has ever had their personal information compromised. 
The only time this WOULD happen, is if you willingly and knowingly gave your PSN ID's email and password information and subsequently already had a credit card on file. IE: gamesharing.

Ask your friend to look at his card's transactions and tell you the name of where the transactions were made... because anytime you use a credit/debit card.... you immediately have either the business name or address on file from where the transaction took place.

Otherwise, you and your friend don't know what you're talking about.... And as such, if your friend doesn't know how having a credit card works... she/he/they/them should not have a credit card period.... much less an AmEx card as those are complete crap.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 9 of 21 (793 Views)
I Only Post Everything
911 posts

Nov 26, 2013

The PSN was hacked years ago. The FBI did an investigation and confirmed that the servers were comprimised but there was no evidence that anything was actually taken. There was no signature left that data/bytes of info was copied off the servers.

Just because your friends's CC number was stolen is not proof the PSN was hacked. He could have lost that number in numerous locations and it's just a coincidence. I have been on the PSN using my card  since 2007 and I have not expericenced any theft. 

Message 10 of 21 (769 Views)
0 Likes