Jun 05 2011
By: losdodgers Treasure Hunter 7157 posts

PSN Keeps Signing Me Out

5 replies 6036 views Edited Jun 5, 2011

Every time I play my PS3, I get a message about five minutes in saying that I've been signed-out of the PSN. Now this wouldn't be a problem, except when I go to sign back in, 90% of the time, it refuses to sign me in, giving me about five different error codes depending on how many times I try to sign in. After a few minutes, I'll be able to sign back in, but about five minutes later, it'll kick me out again, with the same result as before. This has been happening even before the PSN got hacked, so it's not because of the restore.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Message 1 of 6 (6,036 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5406 posts

Re: PSN Keeps Signing Me Out

Jun 5, 2011

Have you tried resetting your modem and router?

Message 2 of 6 (6,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 12, 2011

the exact same thing keeps happening to me! sometimes its a DNS error, then sometimes its a connection error, but iv been getting it ever since the new update, its unbelievable, it was FINE before, then bam, i cant stay connected for more than 2-3 minutes, its driving me insane, i tried playing with the settings on my router, making an IP address for my ps3, tried making a PPOE but nothing, tried resetting my router about 500miliion times..........nothing!! somebody please help me because im going to break it with frustration soon!!

Message 3 of 6 (6,036 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1427 posts

Jun 12, 2011

Does someone else have your e-mail & password? Ever created your own account on someone else's PS3?

It is possible it came from the attack, but it's almost impossible to tell... and while their are claims some make, none has demonstrated any actual evidence.

In a fashion that completely defies any logic, an attempt to sign into an account that already is signed in results in the first person getting tossed. My GF told me about this and I was skeptical... so we tried it, sure enough she was correct. We could each toss the other off...

0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8176 posts

Jun 12, 2011

Stuff to try:

1. Set DNS to:

Primary: 208.67.222.222

Secondary: 208.67.220.220

2. Set MTU to 1400

3. Check if all ports are properly forwarded.

4. Make sure your router and modem is in proper working order.

Message 5 of 6 (6,036 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 30, 2012
Spoiler
Spoiler
YEAH DUDE ITS HAPPENING TO ME 2 AND ITS SO ANNOYING!!, I CANT PLAY A SINGLE BLACK OPS ONLINE GAME WITHOUT GETTING DISCONNECTED! **bleep** IT!, SOME PPL SAY ITS CAUSE OF THE UPDATE

Message 6 of 6 (5,735 Views)