Apr 14 2014
By: Phillyblunz Umbrella Scientist 12347 posts

PSN Intrusion Canadian settlement

7 replies 198 views Edited Apr 14, 2014

Hi guys, I was flipping through some old emails when I found the one about the Canadian lawsuit Sony was hoping to settle on last yr.

Does anyone know what the outcome was?  We had 60days from when the settlement was reached to make a claim.

There was mention of another free game and I wanted to know which game it was and if I can still get it?

Anyone end up getting it or at least making the claim?

Please let me know all you can, this thread is mostly for Canadians but well informed others feel free to take part and share your info.

Thanks all!

Info of the settlement is in the next post.  Cheers!

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 1 of 8 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Re: PSN Intrusion Canadian settlement

Apr 14, 2014

YOUR OTHER OPTIONS. 

If you do not want to be legally bound by the settlement, you must opt out by May 20, 2013, or you will not be able to sue, or continue to sue, the Sony companies regarding the legal claims this settlement resolves, ever again. If you opt out, you cannot get any benefits from the settlement. If you do not opt out, you will be able to participate in the settlement if it is approved by the Court. If you do not opt out, you may also object to the settlement by May 20, 2013. The detailed notice explains how to exclude yourself or object. 

Na13-31 wrote:
Finally, the structure of my question is that you would have to disprove every possible outcome to be correct and I would just have to have one that would likely be beneficial. That's statistically in my favor by quite a bit.

some_text
Message 2 of 8 (191 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10725 posts

Apr 14, 2014

Honestly I have no clue. From what I remember the settlement was a complete joke so I kinda dumped that email right away. Maybe somebody who has more info could chime in.

Message 3 of 8 (188 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
12347 posts

Apr 14, 2014

Emerald_Swords wrote:

Honestly I have no clue. From what I remember the settlement was a complete joke so I kinda dumped that email right away. Maybe somebody who has more info could chime in.

Yup like $2 or $4 depending, unles you actually got frauded then you can get a few thousand, but how to prove where your stolen data from stolen from?

But I am always down to get another free game, if its not bad and I dont already own it.

I wonder which game it was?

Na13-31 wrote:

some_text
Message 4 of 8 (150 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10725 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2014

I think the games that were offered were these ones:

• Dead Nation
  • inFAMOUS
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Super Stardust HD
  • Wipeout HD + Fury

You had 2 choices I believe
Message 5 of 8 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

Apr 14, 2014

Emerald_Swords wrote:

I think the games that were offered were these ones:

• Dead Nation
  • inFAMOUS
  • LittleBigPlanet
  • Super Stardust HD
  • Wipeout HD + Fury

You had 2 choices I believe

were those the welcome back games?

Message 6 of 8 (137 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10725 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2014

^

Yep. The settlement had the same choices as the ones in the welcome back package.

Message 7 of 8 (132 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
16264 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 14, 2014

Emerald_Swords wrote:

^

Yep. The settlement had the same choices as the ones in the welcome back package.

so we won! lol i should have gone for the two dollars.

Message 8 of 8 (113 Views)