Dec 27 2010
By: RoflFish First Son 2 posts

PSN Icon Change

3 replies 91 views Edited Dec 27, 2009
i was wandering around the site and i noticed that my icon was weird and i wanted to change it. I think i remember setting it to that when i signed up but now i want to change it. I found where i can change it but when i go to do it, it says i do not have the authority or something? is it because i am a newbie?
Message 1 of 4 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
23950 posts

Re: PSN Icon Change

Dec 27, 2009

RoflFish wrote:
i was wandering around the site and i noticed that my icon was weird and i wanted to change it. I think i remember setting it to that when i signed up but now i want to change it. I found where i can change it but when i go to do it, it says i do not have the authority or something? is it because i am a newbie?

Hey RolfFish,

You can't change your icon through the forums anymore. Log into your PlayStation 3 or PlayStation Portable and change your icon through the XMB, this will update to the forums as well.

- DoubleOSpoon
Message 2 of 4 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
363 posts

Apr 13, 2011

I find it odd that Sony would charge for such a simple thing as an avatar that's only provided by Sony and or devs! I might, might is key word, pay to have a personal avatar but only if I could upload my own (no, I wouldn't pay). I imagine in a perfect world that we would be able use the website to upload our own image, after approval it's up and ready. Avatars have such a short visual stimulating life, so why charge or better yet why pay?

Sony give us the option please. Let those who don't have the creative ability or know how to pay for such a rediculous thing!

Great work PD so far, keep the DLC coming!

Get your Portable ID!
Message 3 of 4 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Apr 13, 2011

If you still can't find the option, it is under: Playstation Network->Account Management->Account Information->Avatar (You have to signed into psn to do this.)

Message 4 of 4 (91 Views)
0 Likes