Last Guardian
11608 posts

Re: PSN Games not Backwards Compatible?

Jul 28, 2013

gravediggaz79 wrote:

I just traded in my PS3 for my PS4 but I have a extra 80 B/C PS3 laying around. Is it 100% true that PSN downloadable content will not work on PS4. I bought Tomb Raider and a bunch of other games and avatars and wanted to confirm if it will not work on PS4. Is it official that it will not work on the new system?

ok one thing you need to understand..

even though they are psn games, they will only work on the system it was made to work on... the description on psn games in the store tells you for what system they are made for...

>

Message 11 of 17 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11608 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Jdurg wrote:

gravediggaz79 wrote:
How will these games be streamed? Directly from the internet? or with the connected device? It kind of sucks I will not even be able to play PSN games I downloaded. I mean why can't they allow that. I can see the discs not being able to play for downloadable games. They are just trying to get over on us. One more way they can find a way to charge us for games we already bought. I still have my PS3 but would just like to at least use my downloadable games.

So let me ask you this question.  What is the difference between a PSN game and a physical disc game, disregarding the method of delivery?  (E.g. downloaded versus disc).

As an example, what is the difference between the download version of MLB The Show '13 and the physical game disc when it's played in your PS3?

the only diff is that a psn game is only available for purchase through psn...   however the games are still programmed to work on the platform it was coded for much like a retail game...

>

Message 12 of 17 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3279 posts

Jul 28, 2013

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the indie games will still be playable on the ps4 from the psn. Such as Rainbow Moon, Guacamelee, Sound Shapes, Retro City Rampage, etc.  I can understand titles like Uncharted and such not being playable but these smaller indie titles would be logical.

Message 13 of 17 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11608 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Ghostwize wrote:

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of the indie games will still be playable on the ps4 from the psn. Such as Rainbow Moon, Guacamelee, Sound Shapes, Retro City Rampage, etc.  I can understand titles like Uncharted and such not being playable but these smaller indie titles would be logical.

nope, not unless they make a version for the ps4.. you have to understand even though it is psn games they are still only coded to work on the platform it was made for..  so even the indie games wont work. at least as the way they are now... 

for any current games that is available on psn, in order to get it to work on the ps4 it would require the game to be recoded to work on the ps4..

\

>

Message 14 of 17 (57 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3096 posts

Jul 28, 2013

Teus wrote:

Ghostwize wrote:

nope, not unless they make a version for the ps4.. you have to understand even though it is psn games they are still only coded to work on the platform it was made for..  so even the indie games wont work. at least as the way they are now... 

for any current games that is available on psn, in order to get it to work on the ps4 it would require the game to be recoded to work on the ps4..

\

Correct.  For some odd reason, tons of people think that there is a difference in playability of PS3 / PSN games between Retail and

DIgital.  Doesnt matter the medium (Disc or Digital), its the same.  No Backwards Compatibility means NOTHING will be

compatiable on PS4.

Message 15 of 17 (53 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Jul 29, 2013

Teus wrote:

Jdurg wrote:

gravediggaz79 wrote:
How will these games be streamed? Directly from the internet? or with the connected device? It kind of sucks I will not even be able to play PSN games I downloaded. I mean why can't they allow that. I can see the discs not being able to play for downloadable games. They are just trying to get over on us. One more way they can find a way to charge us for games we already bought. I still have my PS3 but would just like to at least use my downloadable games.

So let me ask you this question.  What is the difference between a PSN game and a physical disc game, disregarding the method of delivery?  (E.g. downloaded versus disc).

As an example, what is the difference between the download version of MLB The Show '13 and the physical game disc when it's played in your PS3?

the only diff is that a psn game is only available for purchase through psn...   however the games are still programmed to work on the platform it was coded for much like a retail game...

Heh.  Thanks, but I was already aware of that.  Smiley Tongue Smiley Very Happy  I made my post in an attempt to have the person I quoted respond back in the hopes that maybe he would use his brain and try to think about the situation more.  Instead, he appears to have glossed completely over it and spout more ignorance about it all.

Oh well, I tried to teach but you can't teach a brick wall.

Message 16 of 17 (43 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
172 posts

Jul 29, 2013

The PlayStation 4 isn't backwards compatible and will never be following PS3 and PS2 traditions.

Message 17 of 17 (41 Views)
0 Likes