Dec 02 2010
By: Findapus First Son 23 posts

PSN Friends Issue

3 replies 11 views Edited Dec 2, 2010

A friend of mine has been having an issue for a YEAR now. When Resident Evil 5 came out, something with the coding of the game deleted some of his friends and would not allow him to re-add them nor could his friends add him. On top of that no messages going to or coming from that account will get to the friends that were deleted.

He has called Customer Service MANY MANY times. They fixed it once and everything was fine until his kid put the game in his PS3 again and screwed everything up yet AGAIN. Now Customer Service is "trying" to fix the problem while giving him the run around. The new request by them is for him to send them his original e-mail address, password, and receipt of the PS3 when he bought it as PROOF he actually owns it.

Might I add he had his PS3 stolen at one point and it was recovered but broken, so he got a new one and was simply transferring his account from old to new. In the process of it being stolen they changed his password so he had to go thru all the crap yet again to recover his password, and yet they wont fix the password without the receipt from his first PS3.

Seriously this is ridiculous Playstation, are you going to seriously play those games? 

How hard is it to go into his account change the settings back to what they were so he can have his account back and can add his friends, recall ALL Resident Evil 5 games and FIX the coding, and for once do what you CLAIM. Stand by your fans, and your customers, and do what is right without all the cloak and dagger crap.

You want feedback on how to make things better?

Do what your customers what, need, and ask for and in return they will smother you with business. Piss them off and you lose business.

Right now there are so many PISSED off people if they all banded together this gaming industry would lose its best system.

Come on Playstation, do the right thing, we will thank you for it 

Message 1 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: PSN Friends Issue

Apr 19, 2012

ok so i jus logged in to my psn account n it says i have no friends at all how does dat happen without me deleting any of them and how do i get them all back without havin to find them

Message 2 of 4 (11 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39977 posts

Apr 19, 2012

shadow251187 wrote:

ok so i jus logged in to my psn account n it says i have no friends at all how does dat happen without me deleting any of them and how do i get them all back without havin to find them

This happens occasionally, don't worry about it, they'll return soon.

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri From 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 4 (11 Views)
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1131 posts

Apr 19, 2012

I have heard of this problem before. Believe it or not- changing your comment usually fixes this weird bug.

Give that a try and post back. I have read about this right here on the forums a year or so ago, and that was the solution.

Message 4 of 4 (11 Views)