First Son
1 posts

Re: PSN Error code: 8002AD23

Apr 23, 2010

"It seems that this code comes in tangent with a series of other error codes. My question is, what does this code even mean? Has any one found a description behind this code? Obviously its CODE for something right?"

On the playstation support site, all that it says is: 'The Playstation 3 is having an issue attempting to access the playstation network'. All that it says to try and fix it is to try rebooting your ps3 or signing on at a different time. Ignorant sony...

Please use plain text.
Message 81 of 114 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jun 28, 2010

I've had this happen for well over a year.  Sometimes it stops for a couple of weeks, and sometimes it's every 5 minutes. Do any Slim owners have this problem?

Please use plain text.
Message 82 of 114 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 8, 2010

Yes I have a slim and I keep getting this error constantly and also getting the DNS error sometimes too. I have a netgear router but I don't think it's the router or modem cause my Xbox360 and both laptop and PC never have connection issues. PS3 is wired connection. Pretty frustrating. And from what I see no real solutions have been found yet.  

Please use plain text.
Message 83 of 114 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 24, 2010

This just started happening out of nowhere for me. I've played online flawlessly for a couple years.  I find it really discouraging to see this has been a problem since December 2007, and still no one has a fix... I'm about ready to start smashing chit around th house.

Please use plain text.
Message 84 of 114 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Aug 4, 2010

whats even more stupid is they recommended that i contact my ISP (Internet Service Provider), & then my ISP, recommended i switch to a wired connection there is NO WAY i'm switching to a damn wired connection it sucks because you get slower connection speed & to keep myself safe from getting that damn error message, i usually sign-in, check my inbox, then sign-out only time i am online is when i'm hosting an online game session such as Operation Flashpoint Dragon Rising Campaign Co-op or Multiplayer but if its not one of those two things, then yeah i'm not online

Please use plain text.
Message 85 of 114 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Aug 29, 2010

After 7 months of flawless wireless connection and being able to play any and all PS3 games on the PSN...I have recieved this error.

I have done everything within my immediate power to solve this issue, and there appears to be only one solution.  The final solution of giving the PS3 a bubble bath in hot, soapy water.

Here are the things I have tried so far in no particular order:  (by the way...none of these help)

Contacted Sony x3 times.

Rebooted Modem, Router, and PS3 multiple times in different orders.

Restored default settings, system and network on the PS3.

Attached the PS3 directly to modem

Opened all SCEA ports on router

Tried switching from wireless to wired

Spoke to ISP about network stability (everything is ok on their end according to them)

Purchased a new router by another company.  (Dynex to Belkin)

Watched and configured all equipment based on multiple YouTube and Google Video "fix its" multiple times.

Here is an interesting fact:

Sony says that this particular error has a general description of "PS3 having trouble staying connected to PSN."  Wow...helpful.  Thanks.

I intend to try connecting my PS3 to another network in another town at a friend's house at some point, to see if I can re-create the error.

I will post back, as soon as I get a result.

Please use plain text.
Message 86 of 114 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Aug 29, 2010

this is all happening because of all the updates their updates are messed up

Please use plain text.
Message 87 of 114 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 12, 2010

Hi mate, I get the same error code aswell. It also started since i downloaded gt5 prologue

Please use plain text.
Message 88 of 114 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Sep 20, 2010

Hi Guys,

I have been having the same problem and itis really starting to piss me off. I have tried searching on the Internet but have not found a solution. I have a 250 GB slim and the problem has only started occuring since i got the updates. Now, i can't remember what exactly the update was for, but it was either a system update or a Modern Warfare 2 update...

Any new info on this problem is greatly appreciated.

Please use plain text.
Message 89 of 114 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Oct 6, 2010

Hi,

How did it go....at your friends?  My PS3 is now starting to have this problem too.  I've done all that you've done also including disabling the media servers but no joy.  If I play a game of COD I get this problem about twice per game.  What's interesting is that it is booting me off their network but I'm staying connected to the internet and playing in the game.....if I was to be disconnected I would expect game play to stop but it doesn't, it carries on for about 60 secs before it kicks me out of the game totally.......weird 

Please use plain text.
Message 90 of 114 (141 Views)
0 Likes