Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
2 posts

Re: PSN Error code: 8002AD23

Jan 31, 2009

The problem isn't  in the routers, services or playstaions... It's windows.  The way to solve the problem is to go into the "Network and Share Center" in windows and turn off all of the Share options starting with Network Dicovery - Media Sharing.  

Let me know if this helps!!

Please use plain text.
Message 41 of 114 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 15, 2009

HI,

I'm hardwired to my router and modem. Everything is working fine, but every time I go to download teh update to Socm confrontation is signs me out and then I get error code 8002AD23. Does anyone kow ho wto fix this. I'm about ready to chick ps3 outteh window. I paid to much money for this ps3 to not be able to  play socom with my friends.

Please use plain text.
Message 42 of 114 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Mar 23, 2009
I get this code constantly when im playing online and when im not playing online it is very aggrevating im trying to turn off media sharing like i read in this forum i disabled all sharing on my laptop im trying to do it from the main computer that my router is connected to , oh also i have an xbox 360 to and i get signed out constantly this never happened with the xbox till i got the ps3 i have the 160 gb ps3 and i have a wireless belkin router but its not the router because i had a netgear one before and it was still giving problems i think the problem is the ps3 cause i nevber had this problem till i got the ps3 and i got it on valentines day and it started a couple days after looks like its just different for everyone.
Please use plain text.
Message 43 of 114 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9365 posts

Mar 23, 2009

tacosauce7541 wrote:

The problem isn't  in the routers, services or playstaions... It's windows.  The way to solve the problem is to go into the "Network and Share Center" in windows and turn off all of the Share options starting with Network Dicovery - Media Sharing.  

Let me know if this helps!!

i bought a newrouter and it worked fine.. ?

Please use plain text.
Message 44 of 114 (151 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1056 posts

Mar 23, 2009
this just happened to me

Playstation 3 Slim 160 - GB
Playstation 3 80GB - Motorstorm Edition - 11/2007-11/2010
Xbox 360 60GB Pro - My 4th Xbox
22in Vizio Full 1080p HDTV
Dell GX520 with 160GB HDD
PSN - DA-PUSHA
GT- xxIPUSHAxx

Please use plain text.
Message 45 of 114 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 1, 2009

My boyfriend and I were having the same problem with our 60 GB PS3 where it would disconnect after one game of COD4 with the same error message logging us out of the PSN. We use a NetGear router (which I've since read is a pretty terrible router, but it's all relative I guess). Our problems started after we set up a WEP security key for our wireless router because someone else in the neighborhood was stealing our internet. Anyway, after finding no real answers throughout the goldmine of data known as the interwebs, I went into the control panel on our computer and started tinkering.

For those still having problems with no results, don't despair. The PS3 may not be to blame after all. Windows XP Users: Go to Control Panel --> Network Connections/Places --> you should see your local area network --> right click on your LAN --> a window will pop up with your wireless router info, click advanced/details in your window --> from there, you should see an option to "repair" your connection --> Click repair, then ok and you should be good to go. What the repair feature does is assign a new IP address to your router and network, which is sometimes necessary for whatever reason. For Windows Vista users: go to control panel,  Network and Sharing Center,  Manage Network Connections (on the left), right click on your LAN within that window, and click Diagnose, which I believe will do the same thing as repair.

Hope this helps! After trying it, we've had no connection issues so far (knock on wood).

Please use plain text.
Message 46 of 114 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
147 posts

Apr 1, 2009

malum_in_se_ wrote:

My boyfriend and I were having the same problem with our 60 GB PS3 where it would disconnect after one game of COD4 with the same error message logging us out of the PSN. We use a NetGear router (which I've since read is a pretty terrible router, but it's all relative I guess). Our problems started after we set up a WEP security key for our wireless router because someone else in the neighborhood was stealing our internet. Anyway, after finding no real answers throughout the goldmine of data known as the interwebs, I went into the control panel on our computer and started tinkering.

For those still having problems with no results, don't despair. The PS3 may not be to blame after all. Windows XP Users: Go to Control Panel --> Network Connections/Places --> you should see your local area network --> right click on your LAN --> a window will pop up with your wireless router info, click advanced/details in your window --> from there, you should see an option to "repair" your connection --> Click repair, then ok and you should be good to go. What the repair feature does is assign a new IP address to your router and network, which is sometimes necessary for whatever reason. For Windows Vista users: go to control panel,  Network and Sharing Center,  Manage Network Connections (on the left), right click on your LAN within that window, and click Diagnose, which I believe will do the same thing as repair.

Hope this helps! After trying it, we've had no connection issues so far (knock on wood).

I just tried this and everything runs faster, and yes, I haven't been disconnected yet.Thank you, I was just about to reformat my PS3, again.

Please use plain text.
Message 47 of 114 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
385 posts

Apr 1, 2009

I have been having this error for as long as I can remember.  I have yet to find a solution that works.

I tried your repair suggestion.  It seemed to work, but that was short lived... 8002AD23 is back again.

I've tried everything and am starting to give up hope of ever being able to play online. 

Please use plain text.
Message 48 of 114 (151 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Apr 21, 2009

i was also having this problem, it just started happening out of nowhere i would get the error message 8002ad23

some have said that connecting your controller to the ps2 instead of using wireless have worked, but this is what worked for me

1.from your pc click start, run, and in the command prompt type cmd, when the box pops up type in ipconfig /all

this will give you  your ip address subnet mask default gateway and dns server

2. now go to your network settings, right click your network adapter, click properties then click on the tcp/ipv4 the click properties

3. manually enter your IP address, subnet mask, standard gateway and DNS

4. click advanced and click on the WINS tab and activate NET/BIOS over TCP/IP and click apply

after you have done this redo your network configuration on your ps3 and you should be good to go hope this helps

Please use plain text.
Message 49 of 114 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
298 posts

Apr 21, 2009

I receive this error quite a bit usually when I am downloading software updates.  I have a wireless router linksys(may upgrade if need be), 360 and Mac computer.

Also when I'm on the PS3 the internet connecetion on the computer won't work.

Anyone have any suggestions? 

I am Canadian, Nickelback still sucks!!
Please use plain text.
Message 50 of 114 (151 Views)
0 Likes