First Son
2 posts

Re: PSN Error code: 8002AD23

Nov 3, 2008

This problem just started happening to me yesterday 11/1/08 Tried disabling the media server and seems to be holding up so far. My connection is direct RJ-45 connect to my PS-3. In other words direct cable. I have not downloaded anything to my PS-3 besides the latest update of GT 5 Prologue and the latest PS3 update.

I’ll be on here again if it starts acting up.

Has anyone been in contact with tech support??

PS-3 Gamer Tag: SilntAssassin
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 114 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9365 posts

Nov 3, 2008

SilntAssassinSilntAssassin wrote:

This problem just started happening to me yesterday 11/1/08 Tried disabling the media server and seems to be holding up so far. My connection is direct RJ-45 connect to my PS-3. In other words direct cable. I have not downloaded anything to my PS-3 besides the latest update of GT 5 Prologue and the latest PS3 update.

I’ll be on here again if it starts acting up.

Has anyone been in contact with tech support??

bumped an old thread, but im pretty glad you did. i made my own a bit ago, but only like one guy posted.

anyways, the day after upgrading ive to 2.50, ive had this same problem. maybe a coincidence, but im leaning toward it being something in the firmware. hopefully when my ps3 flashes for the next upgrade it fixes itself. i really dont know. ive tried so many things:

putting ip addreip in DMZ

taking off security

unplugging / restarting modem

resetting settings

going back to older firmware / going to newer one (router)

and other stuff. right now, the only thing that gives me some smooth sailing play time is unplugging both my router and modem, and plugging them back in.

to answer your question, i have contacted tech support. . the one lady told me to ENABLE media servers. the whole time im just imke 'yeh ok. yeh okatoker.' waiting to get off the phone. the second time i called, it ended up with the lady telling me to phone d-link. she said the firmware upgrade could cause interference with a firewall, evern theverni dont havdonte on my router (activated). ive reseivehed this as much as anyone else, and there seems to be no fix.

im going to try another router tomorrow, if it works ill post again.

Message Edited by samestory98 on 11-02-2008 11:57 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 114 (416 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 9, 2008
I just started having this problem. It seems the more games I buy the more frequent it happens. I'm running the 20gig version so have to use a Linksys WGA600N gaming adapter to get online. I'm thinking of going wired to see iff that works.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 114 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Nov 17, 2008

Add me to the list.

This error is absolutely driving me nuts.

It all started about 2 weeks ago....actually when I started playing Resistance 2.

I'm using a Hawking HWR54G wireless router.  Signal strength is usually around 75%-90%, Nat Type 2, Upnp enabled, Media server off, etc.  All the stuff the rest of you have.  I've done all the configurations and nothng changes.  I've evenreset the router and reset the modem.  It doesn't fix it.

I have no issues with me laptop (wireless), pc (wired), wii (wireless) or psp (wireless).  The only thing giving me trouble is the PS3.

I get the disconnect pretty much every 10-20 minutes.  It can be while i'm just in the xmb or during any game (only while in single player).  When I am downloading something from PSN or playing multiplayer online (LBP or R2 at the moment) I do not get disconnected.  But it will disconnect when i'm not in the online game part.

Last night I put my PS3 in DMZ hoping it would fix the issue.  This morning I played LBP and it disconnected again.

I don't get it.  There has to be a fix for this. 

I also received one other error during this timeframe.  I only received this one time. 

8013013D = "A Connection Error Has Occured".  I checked what this means and it says "May have to do with the SSID of the Router or signal strength if the connection drops.  Putting the PS3 into DMZ may help".

Obviously DMZ didn't help.

Because all of my other wireless/wired components work without any issue I have to believe this is strictly a PS3 issue.  Don't know if it's the PS3's wireless component, the PSN servers or the firmware.

You would think with all of the people experiencing this issue it would be addressed more by Sony.  It just drives me nuts to see that error message pop up all the time.  I can deal with it for now because it doesn't boot me when I'm in an online game.....but it's still a pain.  

I haven't done the research on these forums because there are too many threads on this topic.  But I'm wondering, does anyone know when people first started reporting this problem?  Is it recent or something that has been going on with earlier firmware?

One other thing.  Before I had put the PS3 in DMZ, I had opened several ports.  However, when I reset my router I had to reconfigure them and couldn't remember what they were.  When I searched for the ports to open I couldn't find one thread that had all listed (it was late...I was tired...I may have missed it).  Does anyone have the list of all ports that need to be forwarded?  I don' think it matters if my PS3 is in DMZ but I'll take it out of DMZ and forward all the ports to see if that helps.

Message Edited by Yedgee on 11-17-2008 08:45 AM
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 114 (416 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Nov 17, 2008
Now im getting this error constantly, i moved the ps3 from the living room to my room and now I get the freakin message all the time and i even bought a new router, linksys.  Whenever i sign into the network and try to play fifa online, it wont connect to EA servers then it will sign me out of psn.  WHEN i can get into psn, which is a rare occasion, I cant even do anything.  Downloads are as slow as ever, this is ridiculous sony.
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 114 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Nov 20, 2008

So I'm still having this issue even after reading up and making some changes to my network.

I recently gave my PS3 a static IP address and added it to the DMZ in my router.  I still get the same issue.  I even tried different DNS numbers and still no luck.

One thing I did notice is that when I do get signed out of PSN, I am still able to browse the PS3 internet.  When I get signed out I check my network settings and it shows a 85%-95% signal strength too.  I have to believe this is strictly a PSN issue and has nothing to do with my internet connection, modem or router.

It's really a shame too.  It shouldn't be like this.

I'm just thankful when I am in an online game (so far mainly just LBP and R2) I do not get booted from PSN.  It happens only during single player games or when I'm screwing around in the XMB.

I'm hoping maybe something will improve whenever a new firmware comes out.

It would be nice if Sony somehow addressed this issue.   Heck, I'd even be happy even if they just came out and said there is absolutely no issue on their end with PSN connections.  At least they'd be acknowledging that they now a sh*%load of people are having this problem.

On a side note:  Anyone on this thread interested in doing some co-op in LBP.  

Message Edited by Yedgee on 11-20-2008 03:06 PM
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 114 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9365 posts

Nov 21, 2008
same with me, it doesnt boot me when playing online. however, i cant even get online in cod:w@w. i dont know why.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 114 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
131 posts

Nov 21, 2008
lt also happens to me when Im playing single player games and on the XMB itself and once in a while when I'm online. It is annoying and I had to get my router close to the PS3 so it would show up less but it does it enough times to still be annoying. I have a linksys WBR 2310 router.
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 114 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9365 posts

Nov 22, 2008

im going to try a new router (same model, but my cousin's)

ill post if it works. i dont know when ill be able to try it out though.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 114 (416 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
9365 posts

Nov 25, 2008

alright..

i havent used his router yet, but i have hooked it up straight to my modem, and its good now. im saying its probably your router.. i know it was mine.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 114 (416 Views)
0 Likes