Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Re: PSN Down / PS+ Not Working...

Dec 26, 2013

dragon672 wrote:

The Xbox forums aren't down for me I'm on them right now reading some posts.

Some sections are. Im there to on another section and its ok. Buy as I posted that photo some sections are down.

Message 381 of 498 (502 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 26, 2013
How is problems with forums anywhere near the same as game servers being down? Forums being down don't prevent you from using your brand new gaming system, or at least from using all of its features. Xbox Live has remained fully functional all day today while PSN took a giant crap. I was trying to show off remote play with my Vita today at a relative's house and couldn't, so we went back to playing games on his Xbox One with no interruption in service.

The PS apologists are really starting to get annoying. Just admit they screwed up and quit trying to point fingers at other stuff like it justifies it somehow.
Message 382 of 498 (429 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 26, 2013

I agree.  But more on topic, does anyone understand why the servers are being so crappy?  I just got a PS4 last night and began playing it and immediately ran into problems with connecting to my WiFi, connecting to PSN, etc.  and its really annoying considering I never had any of those problems with my Xbox 360.  If anyone knows how to fix it then please tell me and if it's beyond my control then I would like to know because this is getting pretty ridiculous having a brand new console I can only play CoD Ghosts against bots on.

Message 383 of 498 (421 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

Dec 26, 2013

MrRedMarshmallow wrote:

I agree.  But more on topic, does anyone understand why the servers are being so crappy?  I just got a PS4 last night and began playing it and immediately ran into problems with connecting to my WiFi, connecting to PSN, etc.  and its really annoying considering I never had any of those problems with my Xbox 360.  If anyone knows how to fix it then please tell me and if it's beyond my control then I would like to know because this is getting pretty ridiculous having a brand new console I can only play CoD Ghosts against bots on.

Its cause a million other people got there units as well. There all using the PSN at the same time. Im sure Tomorrow it will all be fix and the bugs will be gone. I played tonight 2 hours of Killzone Shadow Fall and had no issues.

Message 384 of 498 (381 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1300 posts

Dec 26, 2013

BadMoonRonin wrote:

Lmao. Get a life. I'm not employed by Microsoft. Truth is, I've spent years on both systems. Xbox is clearly better. PSN is a waste.

YSo you follow up with :truth is" which means your proevious statement wasn' a truth

Message 385 of 498 (353 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
514 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Black0Panther wrote:

MrRedMarshmallow wrote:

Its cause a million other people got there units as well. There all using the PSN at the same time. Im sure Tomorrow it will all be fix and the bugs will be gone. I played tonight 2 hours of Killzone Shadow Fall and had no issues.

There are 80 million PS3 all over the world. Let's say half of them are connected to the PSN. Are you telling me that the servers can't handle less than 10 million PS4. BS excuse

Message 386 of 498 (323 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Dec 26, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

MrRedMarshmallow wrote:

There are 80 million PS3 all over the world. Let's say half of them are connected to the PSN. Are you telling me that the servers can't handle less than 10 million PS4. BS excuse

Being connected to a server and siphoning bandwidth for several gigabytes of game updates per user (times, for example, a million) are two different things.  That's all I have to say on the matter at the moment.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 387 of 498 (302 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13294 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 26, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

MrRedMarshmallow wrote:

No not at all. Networks have settings to set up. As more users use a network. The network bogs down a bit. What Im trying to say is Sony sset up for all these users to come online or tried to and there was still bit of congestion there. Im sure by end of today. Everyone will be on line and fine. Ounce Sony reconfigures a few things for all these new users.

Message 388 of 498 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Dec 26, 2013

fede01_8 wrote:

Black0Panther wrote:

MrRedMarshmallow wrote:

You do know thaw Sony has several several server farms around the globe right?

You do know that just because there are 80million PS3s, doesn't mean that all 80million have access to the internet or bother with connecting online right? 

You DO know, that simply being connected to the PSN doesn't mean you are always downloading something right?

you DO know that even with the fastest connections that the backbone of the internet can provide, hundreds of thousands of people downloading a collective Petabyte worth of information can still bring servers to a crawl right?

How else do you think a DDOS attack works, and why a few hundred people can bring down a government server farm with relative ease? 

You have NO idea how things work, so stop trying to assume you do. 

Just stop being arrogant.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 389 of 498 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Dec 26, 2013

Apollian wrote:
my brother has been playing the new maps on call of Duty since 10.am this morning.
I've been sitting here since 11.AM FOR 3 AND A HALF HOURS TRYING TO DOWNLOAD DEMOS TO ENJOY MY CONSOLE.
thats whats real.

You have crappy internet, your brother has good internet

Furiously Chaosing
Message 390 of 498 (261 Views)
0 Likes