Sep 11 2011
By: AxJaL First Son 1 posts

PSN Connection timed out. PLEASE HELP!

5 replies 29 views Edited Sep 11, 2011

Hello all,

I am in Milan, Italy and I have PS3 slim 120gb. My internet on the PS3 works fine and allows me to use the browser normally.  But when I try to sign in to the network it says connection timed out. Whats interesting is that when I type in an incorrect password, it tells me the password is incorrect. I tried call the PSN network tech dept but they are useless and I know more than they do about their own system. Could someone please help with what could be wrong? I have a feeling my ISP is blocking the connection. But if they are, is there any program I can install on my computer to bypass this issue? Also, the network worked once a while back and I have used it on this same connection. It might also help for you to know that in order to access internet on any device at home, I have to enter a username and password, which grants me access to the network. This form shows up in the browser. This form also shows up in the PS3 browser, I enter the info and it works normally as the browser should. But it doesnt work when I want to sign in to the network. PLEASE HELP!

ALSO: I used this website: http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

to check my ports and oddly all of them came out to be CLOSED. How is that even possible when my internet works fine?!

Thank you for your help.

Message 1 of 6 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: PSN Connection timed out. PLEASE HELP!

Sep 11, 2011

It's not just Italy. Having trouble in the states as well.

Message 2 of 6 (29 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
41728 posts

Sep 11, 2011

I'm in the US & my PS3 has been online pretty much a lot of today with no issues at all!

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Customer Service - 1-800-345-SONY (7669)
Account & billing Support -1-877-971-SONY (7669)
Available Mon to Fri 8am - 8pm PST
Message 3 of 6 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Sep 11, 2011

I used mine earlier today but now I can't sign in getting error code 80710092

Message 4 of 6 (29 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Sep 11, 2011

Yea, i was on for the morning. Now can't sign in. The only issues i'm finding in the threads is with the Sunday Ticket. That issue might be causing the issues as they are working on it. Not saying that's what it is, but i'd say it's a possibility.

Message 5 of 6 (29 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
1 posts

Sep 13, 2011

im in the states as well and my ps3 sign in times out also pleas let me know when its fix thx

Message 6 of 6 (29 Views)
0 Likes