Apr 26 2013
By: roastedpecans First Son 6 posts

PSN Code not working

9 replies 426 views Edited Apr 26, 2013

So I got a $20 PSN Code for my birthday last week and when I went to redeem it today it wouldn't redeem. It would let me enter the code and it would tell me it had a value of $20 but when I clicked to add funds to my wallet it just says "An internal error occured". I tried activating it on my PS3 and my Mac but I had the same problem each time. I also contacted PSN support and they werent helpful at all. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Message 1 of 10 (426 Views)
PlayStation MVP
4329 posts

Re: PSN Code not working

Apr 26, 2013

roastedpecans wrote:

So I got a $20 PSN Code for my birthday last week and when I went to redeem it today it wouldn't redeem. It would let me enter the code and it would tell me it had a value of $20 but when I clicked to add funds to my wallet it just says "An internal error occured". I tried activating it on my PS3 and my Mac but I had the same problem each time. I also contacted PSN support and they werent helpful at all. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Have you tried it recently? There was maintenance going on all last weekend.

If it is still not working, I haven't a clue as to why it is giving you trouble now.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 2 of 10 (421 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Yeah just tried it a few hours ago. 

Message 3 of 10 (416 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
1069 posts

Apr 26, 2013

roastedpecans wrote:

Hi, roastedpecans. Have you tried signing out and signing back in? You can also try shutting off your PlayStation 3 and turning it back on. Smiley Happy

MVP Support Banner.jpg

http://us.playstation.com/ps-mvp-program/terms-and-conditions/
Message 4 of 10 (409 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
PlayStation MVP
3153 posts

Apr 26, 2013
Just a quick question, is your PS3 activated to buy Games and Videos? I ask because sometimes it keeps the system from adding funds. When you sign in, go to Account Management, then go to I think it says System Activation. Click game and activate it. Then try again to redeem the code and add your funds.
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
https://www.facebook.com/deaofly?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
Message 5 of 10 (395 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Apr 27, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Just a quick question, is your PS3 activated to buy Games and Videos? I ask because sometimes it keeps the system from adding funds. When you sign in, go to Account Management, then go to I think it says System Activation. Click game and activate it. Then try again to redeem the code and add your funds.

Hey I just tried this and i got the same error message when I went to try and redeem the card again. Could this just be a bad card that won't redeem?

Message 6 of 10 (375 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3153 posts

Apr 27, 2013
Well how about going to the PS Store's website and log in and redeem the code. Click here http://us.playstation.com/psn/playstation-store/ , under where it says PlayStation Network cards/ Buy $50, Buy $20 it has a option to add funds and redeem gift card. Try that and see if it works
Message 7 of 10 (372 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36057 posts

Apr 27, 2013

Are we certain the card was actually activated when purchased, if it wasnt then that would be a reason the card wont work?

BRIT-KO

Message 8 of 10 (370 Views)
PlayStation MVP
3153 posts

Apr 27, 2013
Yes that's weird as it told him it was a $20 redeem code but wouldn't let him redeem it. Next step is to call Sony and have them manually enter it into his account.
Message 9 of 10 (367 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Apr 27, 2013

deaofly wrote:
Yes that's weird as it told him it was a $20 redeem code but wouldn't let him redeem it. Next step is to call Sony and have them manually enter it into his account.

I was going to call Sony tomorrow and see if they could try that.  

To the other people that replied: I have no way to tell if it was activated at the register because I got it as a birthday present. To the other guy I tried the website and still got the same error message. Thanks for the ideas!

Message 10 of 10 (354 Views)
0 Likes