Jan 22 2013
By: Demonslayer10286 First Son 4 posts

PSN Account Question

3 replies 113 views Edited Jan 22, 2013

Hello all Ive recently had my account taken because I gameshared, yes I know stupid mistake. Anyways after explaining the situation to them and verifying info i manage to reset everything back. The email adress was reseted back the old one and I was suppose to recieve a password reset. I waited and I never recieved it so i had to call them this week but there support services were on maintenance. It took them 3 days until it was back on track. Something puzzeled me while I was waiting, the guy who had my info managed to change the email adress somehow although the email was reseted  back to the old one and i still hadnt recieved my password email so if any one has any idea please comment below on how he managed to change my email. After this happened i had to call them once again, this time i recieved the password reset and i changed me email, pass, street adress. Now Im going to ask a question, im still scared that some how he will be able to change my info somehow, idk but i think he can do it. Also a quick note, when the guy changed the email once again, psn support services were under maintenece so idk how he was able to change it if he couldnt call sony cause of the maintenece

Message 1 of 4 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
34152 posts

Re: PSN Account Question

Jan 22, 2013

Demonslayer10286 wrote:

Hello all Ive recently had my account taken because I gameshared, yes I know stupid mistake. Anyways after explaining the situation to them and verifying info i manage to reset everything back. The email adress was reseted back the old one and I was suppose to recieve a password reset. I waited and I never recieved it so i had to call them this week but there support services were on maintenance. It took them 3 days until it was back on track. Something puzzeled me while I was waiting, the guy who had my info managed to change the email adress somehow although the email was reseted  back to the old one and i still hadnt recieved my password email so if any one has any idea please comment below on how he managed to change my email. After this happened i had to call them once again, this time i recieved the password reset and i changed me email, pass, street adress. Now Im going to ask a question, im still scared that some how he will be able to change my info somehow, idk but i think he can do it. Also a quick note, when the guy changed the email once again, psn support services were under maintenece so idk how he was able to change it if he couldnt call sony cause of the maintenece

Welcome to the PlayStation Community!

Wow!

Ok lets put this as simply as I think I can, if you currently have access to your account, which it sounds like you do, go in & change the password, now ONLY YOU would be able to have access to your account ever again.

Message 2 of 4 (103 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Thanks for the reply and sorry about my post being confusing, I just have 1 more question though. What are the possible ways of changing an email. Theres obviously calling sony but I doubt the person who scammed me is  going to call them since they have to verify information. There's also changing the email by account managements which requires the person to go online and he cant go online unless he gets my account information somehow. Thats the two possible ways I know but remember reading somewhere you could change the email by hard resetting your ps3. I think theres other possible ways too which im afraid of

Message 3 of 4 (95 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7053 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Demonslayer10286 wrote:

Thanks for the reply and sorry about my post being confusing, I just have 1 more question though. What are the possible ways of changing an email. Theres obviously calling sony but I doubt the person who scammed me is  going to call them since they have to verify information. There's also changing the email by account managements which requires the person to go online and he cant go online unless he gets my account information somehow. Thats the two possible ways I know but remember reading somewhere you could change the email by hard resetting your ps3. I think theres other possible ways too which im afraid of

To change the Sign-In ID (email address) of your Sony Entertainment Network account, follow these steps:

1. Go to (PlayStation®Network) > (Account Management) and press the X button.

2. Highlight "Account Information" and press the X button.

3. Select "Sign-In ID (E-mail Address)" and press the X button.

4, Verify your password, the press the X button on "Continue". 

5. Now replace your current email address with the new email address you wish to associate your Sony Entertainment Network account. Once done press the button on "Confirm". 

6. Your Sign-In ID (E-mail Address) has now been updated and a confirmation email will be sent to you. 

7. Note that you must then sign in to the PlayStation Network using the new Sign-In ID before you can access the PlayStation®Store or other PlayStation Network features.

Here is a link to a page on the "Playstation Knowledge Center" that explains how to change your email.

https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/255/~/change-a-sign-in-id-(email-address)1313886323801293.gif  

Here's symbols to copy & paste into your friends list comment. ℡ № ª
⇒⇔ ¹ ² ³ ® ™ ‰ © ½ ¼ ¾ ←↑→↓ψ † ‡ ※♪♭♯★ ☆▲▼△▽◆ ◇ ○ ◎ ● ■ □ 回 〓 √∞♂♀ 웃 유
Ω ①②③④⑤⑥⑦⑧⑨⑩⑪⑫⑬⑭⑮⑯⑰⑱⑲⑳ ㎎ ㎏ ㎜ ㎝ ㎞ ㎡ ㏄ ≒ Æ æ η α β ε α₩£ ≡ » « ¶ † εïз ∵
∴ #’〈 〉《 》「」『 』【 】〔 〕ミ 彡 ッ シ!#@ $ %
&()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz[\
]^_`{|}~¢£ㄻ ㄼ ㄽ ㄾ ㄿ ㅁ ㅂ ㅄ ㅅ ㅆ ㅇ ㅈ ㅊ ㅋ ㅌ ㅍ ㅎㄱ 을 ㄺ卍∃⊥ ∀ Ξ Σ Π 文 ≒≠ ≡≦
≧ⅠⅡⅢ Ⅳ Ⅴ Ⅵ Ⅶ Ⅷ Ⅸ Ⅹ ⅰ ⅱ ⅲ ⅳ ⅴ ⅵ ⅶ ⅷ ⅸ ⅹ¬ ̄ ±∂∩∀∇∠∧∨∩∪∫∬⊂⊃⊥⊿⌒─│┌┐└┘├┤┬┴┼─
━│┃┌┏ ┐┓└┗ ┘┛├┝┠┣ ┤┥┨┫┬ ┯ ┰ ┳ ┴ ┷ ┸ ┻ ┼ ┿ ╂ ╋
Message 4 of 4 (84 Views)