Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 14 2012
By: WorcesterRaider First Son 21 posts

PSM and Trophy Support

10 replies 815 views Edited Nov 14, 2012

So far I have enjoyed many of the PSM games and think that they serve a great purpose in the Playstation eco system.  They are great small games that I can pick up and play for 5 to 10 minutes while I can't get into Uncahrted or Gravity Rush in that time. 

I have also enjoyed the price points that they have been choosing.  However, I think that it is critical that trophy support comes to PSM games!  Even if it is bronze trophies.  I think that trophies will hook more players and turn PSM into a main stay. 

Any word that you all have heard about this?  Is trophy support for PSM necessary or not?  What do you think?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 11 (815 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Re: PSM and Trophy Support

Nov 19, 2012

I've asked the same question and no response. This will be one of the topics my PS group will talk about tonight.  I'll make sure to come back and post some of the chat.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 11 (801 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 21, 2012

Awesome that would be great!  Im looking into the Development Kit for PSM too.  Great that is free to play around with and then you need to pay if you want to publish your game.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 11 (787 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 28, 2012

am i blind or is there a Mac version of the SDK? Because i couldnt find one.

And trophies are the only thing holding me back from completely supporting PSM.

A large part of why i love my PlayStation products is that they all guarantee me more progress towards my overall PSN Level. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 11 (766 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
214 posts

Nov 28, 2012

and also i'd like to say that when they add trophies (they said they eventually will) to PSM, it might be a good idea for them to offer you a way to sort your trophies by what System of sorts its played on. 

For example, Having a circle for trophies you have obtained playing you dedicated vita games (Such as Uncharted Golden Abyss or Assassins Creed III: Liberation) another circle for your dedicated PS3 games (Such as Resistance 3 or Skyrim) and another circle for your PSM games, regardless of the platform you played them on.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 11 (761 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Nov 29, 2012

Well said.  I downloaded the SDK for PSM, but I have a Windows machine so I am not sure about Mac compatibility.

Even online leaderboards would be nice.  If Sony wants us to treat PSM like real games then they should do the same and put the investment in of online leaderboards and trophies. 

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 11 (750 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
5196 posts

Dec 5, 2012

WorcesterRaider wrote:

Well said.  I downloaded the SDK for PSM, but I have a Windows machine so I am not sure about Mac compatibility.

Even online leaderboards would be nice.  If Sony wants us to treat PSM like real games then they should do the same and put the investment in of online leaderboards and trophies. 

They've mentioned trophy support coming "Shortly" before they released PSM to the public.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 11 (716 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1306 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Emerald_Swords wrote:

WorcesterRaider wrote:

They've mentioned trophy support coming "Shortly" before they released PSM to the public.

It took a little over a year to launch this (beta) PSM platform on the PS Store and with a public dev kit. If Sarah Thomson and them are taking their time and making PSM a good service/product, I do not mind waiting a bit as a consumer. Obviously, if I where a dev then I could understand some frustration on what would seem like a slow process. 

C++ support, trophies/leaderboards, and getting more devices on board are probably common complaints about PSM right now.

Buuuut (overall) I must say that the quality of launch games have been very quaint. I really enjoy playing them all on my VITA. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 11 (592 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
156 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 9, 2013

Its just that it would be good if they would release the psm trophies at least. I have not bought any psm games yet because I am waiting for the psm trophies support and the leaderboard. These two features, leaderboard and trophies, would bring in more people who have ps certified mobile devices and the ps vita to buy them and play them more.  I hope they release the trophes support soon. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 11 (435 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
680 posts

Feb 18, 2013
That is a good idea. It gives some added value and incentive to gaming apps. I'm not sure how it will affect non-gaming apps. I guess you would have to start by making that distinction. SCE could then make PlayStation Network intergration a requirement or a choice, like what Apple does with Game Center.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 11 (401 Views)
0 Likes