Reply
Splicer
Registered: 11/14/2013
Offline
84 posts
 

Re: PS4 waste of money at the moment.

Feb 16, 2014

ColonelFenris wrote:

OLDSTYLEPIL wrote:

I think im gonna puke in my mouth listening to the SAME lot of people defending this.Its a gaming machine bohoo,bla bla bla.

If thats the case why the F*$*K is there Music limited.Videos unlimited,Crackle and such.

The backwards compatible thing i completely understand,But give your heads a shake on the lame "Its a gaming Machine"...Yes it is...Its also a marketing scheme.Smiley Mad


Your logic would hold water if you actually expanded on it.


What picture do you need to me to draw since your having a hard time?

"Lost In Space,Low On Fuel,Surrounded By Evil"
Message 91 of 120 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 09/07/2008
Offline
4927 posts
 

Re: PS4 waste of money at the moment.

Feb 16, 2014

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

BaltRavensFan20 wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

killerskull wrote:

So just curious as to why these companies feel it's ok to regress in terms of features that once were available and now have disappeared.( total blu ray support, audio file support, backwards capabilities, an entertainment hub. Seriously why would anyone upgrade to a ps4 that does less than its ps3 brother ever did or even a mid range PC? Not trying to spark a war or anything but I'm skipping this Gen until we get everything that the ps3 use to have. I mean it seems both console are taking steps back to be conservative while the PC thrives.


Watch how the fanboys flock to attack you now. lol I agree with you on this matter. I tried to warn this community but they wouldn't have it.

 

Imagine now everything you stated and no great games plus being charged for online gaming. Yet sony has this kids eating out of their hands. Goes to show how low expectations have become in gaming. These guys feel great graphics makes a game. They could care less that on day of purchase your game is 1/5 of what a ps2 game was in size, theme and content. This list goes on and on.

 

Who here is going to wise up? I would say no one. Oh well sucks to be them....hahahaha


Short version: don't put words in the OP's mouth.  He's concerned with a lack of features, and, it would seem, nothing more.

 

There are people happy to own a PS4, and there are those happy to not buy one yet, or at all.  That's good enough for me. 


Jim Jim Jim. You crack me up. INstead of assuming IM offering the Op words, how about letting the console stand on its own merit. Compare the two consoles and yes one is more powerful but and this is a huge "BUT". Ps3 offers similar graphics plus a ton of more features and internal programming that was left out of the ps4. So the question arrives how is the ps4 an improvement when it can't surpass its predecessor?

 

My second part I have no explantation why or how this happened? The dumbing down of gamers and how the big companies deceive you. They already convice you how great the ps4 is and they also have you the "gamer" buying games that when sold are around 60 dollars but have only 1/5 of the game content when compared to a ps2 game (Before you freak this is an arbitrated number). They did this so that for you to get the complete game you buy DLC and add ons. Now I wont go further because IM sure you get the point. Thats deceitful of Sony. Yet you praise them to no end. SO who is truly confused here?

 

I have a theory and it begins with the flooding of first person games...lmao Anywho.... IM not impressed with th ps4 and its capabilities. Then add in no games worth mentioning on release day makes it a no buy. Sony has a lot to improve before I waste 300 dollars. Like many here before my ps3's died the last one sat because games for it sucked. It became the proverbial paper weight. Your ps4 should be the primary console and I watched many post to where others grew bored and went back to ps3 because it does more. This reinforces my point that the ps4 isn't superior to the ps3.

 

Sorry to offend but this is my opinion of which IM not alone!!!!


Question, are these games you are talking about that are deceitful of Sony, are they the first party titles made BY Sony, or are they every game.  I keep seeing you and other people writing this stuff about how Sony should be ashamed of the quailty of the games, when Sony doesn't make every game out there. They are only involved with their own First party titles. So how is it their fault if EA uses microtransactions, or takes half the content out of their games and uses it for DLC? That alone is EAs issue, not Sony's, not Microsoft's, its EAs.

 

No offense, but its getting old reading you blaming Sony for EVERYTHING, when not everything is Sony's fault or issue. I know you hate Sony and all, but geez.


Balt what gets really old is people like you defending the very companies who are ripping everyone off. The reason I say sony is because these companies not only own many developers but pay devs for their games. So that in doing so someone from sony should be double checking the devs to make sure their game is complete and not broken or buggy. Thats why everyone has Q.A. departments. Where is the better product????? Question of the century??

 

Yet after all this games still get sold incomplete/broken. Then on top of that to make more money big companies tell devs to break games up so that one game can make multiple cash flows off one game and then DLC and add ons. So here you are once again defending them by attacking the forum members who stand for better things. Like I have said many times before. How come you or Sony for that matter just make a better product? Makes more sense than to take a great game and break it up and this lessen the great gamng experience all for the buck. Because aren't you tired of spending 60 dollars for junk and for what? A game of which you know is hardly nothing out of the box. Old games had 20 maps and new one's for ps3 or ps4 have 7. Whooohoooo, great deal isn't it. Not to mention linear gameplay. The game funnels you in one direction. HOW original.

 

Like I said, IM a gamer. I want great games and a greater new console. I don't want something in which is medoicre or worse. What amazes me even more, is IM just like you a gamer. Yet you don't support the gamer? Who is confused here? IM not asking for something thats impossible. I just want a great game or gaming experience. I just can't understand why anyone would want less than that? But thats how brain washed some of you are. Its like the great graphics has all hypnotized. Well IM tired and hope this makes sense, Instead of fighting me, how about this, ask sony for a great game and see where that lands you. Or how about asking sony to make the ps4 waaay better than the ps3. Side by side comparison and lets see the better product?


Ok, so then don't support them. You know where that will get you? Nowhere. I understand your  gamer, so am I, and yes I do support the gamer. My thing is this, and I want you to seriously answer this question, because so far I have brought it up countless times and you never make any remark to it. Do you honestly think that by YOU not supporting sony because of how you feel, that it is going to get us anywhere? You and you only? IT WON'T. If you want a serious change to happen, you have to get ALOT of people to get on board. The PS4 sold 4.5 million some. To get the change your looking for and to even get Sony to notice, you would have to get half of those people on board with you maybe more maybe less, can we really do that? I highly doubt it. I don't believe in that one person can just say "oh I refuse to buy their product anymore" will change anything. Oh yeah, speak with your wallet, yeah, I'm sure ONE person is really going to get Sony's attention. Thats what I don't think you understand. You get on here and constantly bash Sony to no end, and do you think Sony reads these boards to see you fustrations? No, they don't. It took twitter for Yoshida to even notice people wanted MP3 support, when there were countless threads on this tpoic on here, don't you think he would have noticed sooner if he would have looked here?

 

Yes, I am a gamer and wish we had better games, but the reason I seem like I'm "brainwashed" (when I'm not, I understand what is going on) is because I know nothing is going to change. There will still be DLC because there will still be people that buy it, there will still be glitchy half finished games, etc. Heck, as good as Nintendo games are, they still have glitches and errors in them from time to time. This crap has been going on for years and years, if people wanted to make a difference and keep shouting for a change, don't you think it would have been done by now? Not only that, but I keep seeing you bring up Sony, yet Microsoft is just as much to blame, even PC (some of those same games on console are on PC also), I guess you feel as Microsoft can do no wrong? Even their console is lacking compared to what the 360 can do. You can ask where the better product is for every company out there, thats the way it is in this day and age. Every prodcut out there can be faulty, yet are you just going to stop buying every product because its not good enough. Honestly, the way you come across, I would think you don't buy anything anymore, since almost everything is faulty and not perfect anymore. What games aren't linear anymore? Even old nintendo games and atari games were linear, almost every game is linear except your open world RPGs. There will always be limits in wat you can do in games, because real life is unpredicatble. Games aren't real life, so you can't factor in everything that happens in life, or every unpredicatble thing into a game.

 

You are asking for something impossible. Because as I said above, one person arguing that games are broken and suck, isn't going to change a thing. You and I can ask Sony till we are blue in the face to make better games, but you know what will happen? Just like every company out there, it will go in their complaint bin and nothing will be done about it. What you want is impossible, because as I said again above, youd need millions of people to stand up and do something about it, and how are you going to get those millions of people around the world to stand up?

 

You know why I get fustrated and "attack" the people? Because all I ever see anymore on internet forums, are people constantly complaining about something, yet they never do anything about it, they just complain. If you want something done, THEN ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Then they whine and complain because nothing ever gets done. Well what do you expect? You typed words on a screen in a public forum, or in a forum where the company doesn't read any of it. Don't just sit behind a computer screen and type words. Ever hear the phrase "if you want something done you got to do it yourself"? Yes, you can speak with your wallet, but that will only get you so far as a person or nowhere at all. THAT is what fustrates me. Sometimes you have to keep pestering a company to actually get something done.

 

And to answer your other question? Yes I do feel I get my money's worth of 60 dollars on some games. I definately feel I got my money's worth on AC4, I really enjoy that game. I admit there are games I feel I wasted my money on, but most of the time its because I don't really like them, how they play, storyline, after I buy them. Borderlands is one example of this.

 

I'm not defending Sony, I'm just realistic in the fact that all this complaining and such from a few people on here, isn't going to change anything. You want something done? Then go directly to the source, not on their forum that they never read. Let me know when you get somewhere or if something changes, I'll be real interested to hear if it actually happens.

 

 


Balt I'll keep this short. How do you know I haven't done something about it? Rest assured Zipper is no longer a developer who works for sony. Complaining on here only gets more on board. And like you said earlier, more people complaining makes a statement.

 

Few years back on another forum, people complained and a game which was suppose to go on sell that week and it  didn't, the devs held the game back until changes we fixed. Matter of fact same thing happened on the xbox 1 forums. Look what an uproar does. You buy garbage games and know they are garbage who is doing justice here? SO I come to the forum to scream at the top of my soap box all to hear.

 

 

Reason is because it alerts others that they are not alone and also creates a stir which can lead to many things. Just because you can't see that doesn't mean its not effective. So maybe you should get on the soap box from time to time. never know what can change from it.

Message 92 of 120 (619 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
Registered: 06/24/2013
Online
1179 posts
 

Re: Ps4 waste of money at the moment.

[ Edited ]
Feb 16, 2014

killerskull wrote:
You all keep defending Sony as if they are paying you. The ps3 had all of this and more and was truly the greatest system ever. However then they started taking away features that made it great and essentially made it just average at everything. My point since you all have failed to see is that we are being led like sheep to buy and endorse dumb downed products. All this reminds me of why America is failing to compete in anything around the world and why our country is going down the drain. Don't sit here and act like the ps4 is the greatest thing since sliced bread, it's not. Far far from it.

Well you said it's a waste of money. Does it not play games, Bluray(all in a much higher resolution and FPS than previous gen), and have an internet browser??

Message 93 of 120 (618 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
Registered: 05/25/2011
Offline
432 posts
 

Re: Ps4 waste of money at the moment.

Feb 18, 2014

I know it's obvious, but since no one can remember back to 2008, I am going to remind you that the Ps3 and Xbox had a ton of problems when they came out, and within a year all of them were removed, and then they started adding stuff to expand their features. I'm sure the PS4 won't be crap forever, unlike the Xbox One, which didn't even look good from the start.

Message 94 of 120 (212 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: Ps4 waste of money at the moment.

Feb 18, 2014

killerskull wrote:
You all keep defending Sony as if they are paying you. The ps3 had all of this and more and was truly the greatest system ever. However then they started taking away features that made it great and essentially made it just average at everything. My point since you all have failed to see is that we are being led like sheep to buy and endorse dumb downed products. All this reminds me of why America is failing to compete in anything around the world and why our country is going down the drain. Don't sit here and act like the ps4 is the greatest thing since sliced bread, it's not. Far far from it.

Obviously you did not own a release PS3. It had none of the features it has today. Say what you will till you turn blue. Facts are updates will add more and more to the PS4 as they did with the PS3. PS3 releasy had blue ray player MP3s and games. None of this streaming sharing or anything else at all. It was a game system and thats it. Over time features were added to make it what it is today. This will happen to the PS4 as well. It will grow better with more features. 

Message 95 of 120 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: PS4 waste of money at the moment.

Feb 18, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

I mean its a game console, why would anyone expect it to do anything else?

 

Its a trend these days if you havent noticed.  People buy things to do a single purpose and nothing else.

 

Its why all cars these days are built without stereos or speakers, its why cell phones do not have displays, its why shoes dont have laces, Clothes no longer are made decoratively because a shirt is supposed to be warm not stylish, houses no longer have bathrooms because they for shelter not pooping, Schools no longer have teachers because the place is for kids not adults, jobs dont come with benefits, and condoms dont come with instructions because they are not for reading!

 

I mean come on now, you really expected your gaming device to be entertaining?  Keep dreaming.


Lets go down this road PS1 plays CDs yes cause game was on CD Media. PS3 plays Cds Yes Again Games were also on CD media. PS3 plays CDs yes cause it was a media center and a game system. PS4 Plays CDs No cause they do not need to support CDS cause that tech is long out of date. Blue Ray and DVDs are the currenty technology, Sony also said PS$ was designed as a gaming Rig not media center.

Message 96 of 120 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: Ps4 waste of money at the moment.

Feb 18, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

dulun18 wrote:

they removed BC from PS3 for some time now.. so it's nothing new

 

 


 

Weird mine still has it.

 

Or maybe you meant they made new consoles that didnt have the feature.

 

Pretty sure they never removed the functionality from any consoles that had it.

 

 

 

Same could be said of the PS4's "missing features"  They were never there and so arent missing, its possible the ps4 will never get them, Sony has said to its shareholders they will not be investing in the ps4 like they did with the ps3. (As in as heavily)

 

People expect that because the PS3 was well supported and got tons of added features that the PS4 will too, the truth is Sony will only do it if it makes them more money.

 

As of today so many customers have spoken with their wallets and said "We think ps4 is perfect as is"

They bought a console with almost no features in record numbers, then they defend the lack of these features on blogs and forums to anyone upset that the features are not there.

 

The current model is, dont mention it, and hope Sony somehow knows we want it, but express your complete satisfaction for the product as is.

 

The message Sony is getting from most of you in this forum and all over the web is "The PS4 is perfect today"

 

You guys are not helping the PS4 with this mentality, if you dont squeak you wont get greased!!

 

Sorry whats that? Squeak up, I cant hear you!

 

In a year if the ps4 is still as is I blame all you complacent forumers and web present blog posters for doing nothing to push a message that will help everyone, despite your claims of being completely satisfied with the PS4 as a complete product.

 

What has PS4 sold already?  4.5 million?  In less then 4.5 months?  Yeah I bet they really feeling the pressure to pump out more features, lol.

 

I hate the mentality today of people wanting to sit back and just expect things to go their way, sit and actually criticise the people tryin to make things better for YOU and I, and you will be happy when they get you the added features but you wont say thank you, you will just assume it would have happened anyways if people did nothing.

 

Anyways your welcome.  (Read this again is 12 months)


People arnt makign anything better. They are hust whining and crying cause they did no research and expecting things and expected them ot be free as well. If people did any research. Half the topics like these wouldnt even exist. They know that the PS4 wasnt designed for Media applications. But seing they did no research. They cry it dont do this or it dont do that. You may want these features and thats fine. I purchased it as a gaming rig. To play games on not stream my music acroos my house or my movies. To Play Games!

Message 97 of 120 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: PS4 waste of money at the moment.

Feb 18, 2014

uh--oh wrote:

killerskull wrote:

So just curious as to why these companies feel it's ok to regress in terms of features that once were available and now have disappeared.( total blu ray support, audio file support, backwards capabilities, an entertainment hub. Seriously why would anyone upgrade to a ps4 that does less than its ps3 brother ever did or even a mid range PC? Not trying to spark a war or anything but I'm skipping this Gen until we get everything that the ps3 use to have. I mean it seems both console are taking steps back to be conservative while the PC thrives.


Watch how the fanboys flock to attack you now. lol I agree with you on this matter. I tried to warn this community but they wouldn't have it.

 

Imagine now everything you stated and no great games plus being charged for online gaming. Yet sony has this kids eating out of their hands. Goes to show how low expectations have become in gaming. These guys feel great graphics makes a game. They could care less that on day of purchase your game is 1/5 of what a ps2 game was in size, theme and content. This list goes on and on.

 

Who here is going to wise up? I would say no one. Oh well sucks to be them....hahahaha


If any of this is bad why did Sony sell 4.5 million units in its first 4 months? Just cause you dislike something or Dislike Sony. Why should we follow in your shoes. In fact you say all games are guarbage and blame Sony. Yet Sony only makes so many tittles and 3rd party companies make the rest. Yet it is Sonys fault. Dude your on a nother Sony thrashing post. Just go about your buisness. We know how you fell and what you are going to say.

Message 98 of 120 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: PS4 waste of money at the moment.

Feb 18, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

Pinktoe_ wrote:
I would rather they make it $500 for backwards compatibility

PS3 launched with 2 models, a premium and a standard (Sub-standard really)

 

Maybe they didnt have the time and money this time to do this again?

 

But I def did support the idea of having a premium console that cost a bit more and

 

"only did everything"

 

Hey that sounds familiar, anyone remember the company whos logo that was?  Its right on the tip of my tongue.....


It was proven thata ll the SKUs Sony had <different systems> It hurt Sony. In the begining you had people not hjaving clues on which one to buy or even the differences between Then Sony added even more Skues aka different models making it worse.  Sony stopped this. Even MS tried this with release and later versions. MS didnt had same results. Far as stuff like this its one unit. Having multiple units only confuse people and cause people to walk away in the end.

Message 99 of 120 (199 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
Registered: 04/05/2003
Offline
13294 posts
 

Re: PS4 waste of money at the moment.

Feb 18, 2014

Phillyblunz wrote:

peckdogg68 wrote:

Pinktoe_ wrote:
I would rather they make it $500 for backwards compatibility

And they would still be losing more money on the console system even charging the extra 100.  The system would be bigger and heavier and b/c only appeals to those who have had a previous Sony system and still have thier games, so this is not a good option to all thier customers. 


 

 

Yup only appeals to around 80 million people.  Who would want to be a seller in a market of only 80 million people...

 

Oh wait thats a huge number.  It seems only a smart person would want to have a market of 80 million people to sell to.

 

But I guess they have the huge install base on PS4 to sell to to make up for it, what are there now like 4.5 million PS4 users.

 

Oh wait thats way smaller then 80 million.  Hmmm.  I'm gonna go buy a calculator and figure this out.

 

And you wouldnt still need your games, ever heard of playstation plus?

The thing required to play PS4 online.

The thing over 60% of PS4 users have purchased.  (Not including those who already had it)

 

 


If you say this and it be accurate. Why did the PS3 take off sales wise after B/C was removed? Ive everyone in the world wanted B/C?

Message 100 of 120 (204 Views)
0 Likes