Jul 05 2012
By: Telekill I Only Post Everything 1263 posts

PS4 wants from long time Playstation user.

6 replies 79 views Edited Jul 5, 2012

Ok, I've been with the Playstation brand from the start. I've owned every Playstation on the market for nearly their entire lifespan. Infact, the only Playstation systems I no longer have are PS1 and PSP. PS1 because I traded it towards the PS2 when it launched, and the PSP because I sold it to get money for the PSV.

I know that this thread has little chance of getting to someone within Sony to even have a chance at some of them, but considering that they're not really that far fetched, I guess these are just hopes for the next Playstation. So what am I wanting in a new Playstation?

- Controller - Keep it the same basic design/layout. The dualshock controllers are great. Heck, Make the DS3 compatible with PS4 or better yet, do what the Wii-U (hate comparing Nintendo, sorry) and make it so that the PS4 uses the DS3 as one of it's main controllers, if not the main controller. Why fix what isn't broken?

- HDD - I've seen the PS3 evolve over time going from a 20GB and 60GB all the way to the what... 320GB? It gets convoluted as to what systems there are out there. The PS3 has by far had the most itterations of hardware that I've seen in 26 years of gaming. For the PS4, simply put a 1TB HDD in and be done with it. Later, if you want to do a slim model as always, fine, but try and keep it simple with the next generation.

- Backwards Compatibility - Given that I still have 52 PS1 disc games, 45 PS2 disc games and plan to keep whatever PS3 games that I'll have purchased, this is important to me as well as others. Please consider keeping the BC in the PS4 for all three previous generations. I know you're trying to push the download of the classics, but for those of us who prefer physical media over digital, BC is a must. It's not a deal breaker, just a nod to the long time fans of your systems and games. Also, keep the digital games that we've purchased via PSN compatibile with the PS4 as well. Even the ones no longer available on PSN such as Ninja Turtles Reshelled.

That's basically it from me. I know others will want far more than that, but I have a good sense as to what Sony in general would probably want to keep in and change. Oh, I suppose lastly, I'm not in a hurry for the next generation. Take your time building the PS4. Make sure it's of the same great quality we're all used too.

photo PS4Tag_zpsqnbvt5di.png
Message 1 of 7 (79 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Re: PS4 wants from long time Playstation user.

Jul 5, 2012

A tarabyte? thats HUUUUUUGE. and expensive

Message 2 of 7 (75 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1263 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Look at a 1TB SATA HDD. You can buy one off of Amazon for $85. A year from now or whenever PS4 launches, it will be far cheaper than that. I'm hoping Sony will keep the price of the PS4 no larger than $500, and I think that with a 1TB HDD, that could work. I think they'll need at least 1TB just because of how quickly everything is going digital.

Heck, after cleaning up my PS3's HDD as much as I could, I only have 31GB of 120GB.

photo PS4Tag_zpsqnbvt5di.png
Message 3 of 7 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
196 posts

Jul 5, 2012
Message 4 of 7 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jul 5, 2012

Good thing Sony doesnt read the forums

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 7 (62 Views)
Last Guardian
12376 posts

Jul 5, 2012
you can get 1tb drives pretty cheap now,
>

Message 6 of 7 (60 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 5, 2012
IMO the hard drive issue isn't all that convoluted. At any one time there is usually two choices to choose from, and I think that trend should continue to give consumers some choice.

BC with PS3 games is probably not going to happen, based on the current rumors, mainly because the PS4 won't be based on the CELL chipset.
Message 7 of 7 (59 Views)