MVP Support
13534 posts

Re: PS4 to lock out used games, no backwards compatibility

Jun 7, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-playstation-to-lock-out-used-games-6368582

Cannot believe the used games thing, but if sony once again didn`t learn their lesson on backwards compatibility they are stupid.

Looks like microsoft is back peddling already. They just release info that you can play used games and they will not charge... LOL Boy I can't wait to see what Sony is going to say. This is funny as hell right now.

Not charge, yes.

But, you can only sell to participating retailers. And unless it's a first party game, devs can make it so that it can't be sold. So you can't sell it yourself, and it's only on the games that publishers allow.

You also can't just "loan/borrow" games.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 31 of 35 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4927 posts

Jun 7, 2013

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-playstation-to-lock-out-used-games-6368582

Cannot believe the used games thing, but if sony once again didn`t learn their lesson on backwards compatibility they are stupid.

Microsoft just released that thier Xbox-1 can play and will not charge for used games.. So the fun begins, microsoft is already back peddling...lol

Message 32 of 35 (145 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Notice how the article in the op is from March. Since then, there has been the major screw up by MS that is Xbox One, and the fans of Playstation have come out in the millions and spoken directly to Sony executives to let them know that the people are against this. I really don't think that Sony is going to follow in Microsoft's footsteps and shoot themselves in the foot with a rocket launcher.
My PSN
Message 33 of 35 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
312 posts

Jun 7, 2013

the_ed_85 wrote:
Notice how the article in the op is from March. Since then, there has been the major screw up by MS that is Xbox One, and the fans of Playstation have come out in the millions and spoken directly to Sony executives to let them know that the people are against this. I really don't think that Sony is going to follow in Microsoft's footsteps and shoot themselves in the foot with a rocket launcher.

this is a year old article!!! who bumped it back up!!!

Message 34 of 35 (135 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 26, 2013

backward compatibility can't happen with some systems because the programming(what runs the games and applications you play) was changed you fail to see we jumped from standard discs to blu ray over night. they tried bringing back classics by recording them and the reson you pay for them is the developers time to do so. know the facts before you question. its not like sony can flip a switch.

Message 35 of 35 (56 Views)
0 Likes