Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
PlayStation MVP
24461 posts

Re: PS4 to lock out used games, no backwards compatibility

Mar 29, 2012

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I doubt that this particular source is the same one as those other rumors you speak of.

And no one expects all rumors to be factual (at least I don't), I find them amusing to read. Ultimately it is up to the individual to make up their own mind regarding its credibility...

And there lyes the problem. With each rumor that gets debunked, GameSpot still hasn't lost any of it's "credibility" among it's readers. It's as if you expect not to find any relevant information on the site, yet everyone is fine with it. It's the chicken and the egg. Do they report useless "news" because their readers don't care? Or do they not care because their readers no what they report is useless?

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 35 (217 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7552 posts

Mar 29, 2012

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-playstation-to-lock-out-used-games-6368582

Cannot believe the used games thing, but if sony once again didn`t learn their lesson on backwards compatibility they are stupid.

An Anonymous Tipster told Kotaku? Sounds like a reliable source of information!!!!!!!!!

</s>

Rumor or not, credible or not, the average "Gaming Blog" has turned into a pissing contest to get the most pageviews and ad revenue. Thus the spreading of negative news, news that shouldn't be news, or outright dbaggery plain in the spotlight.

FIVE YEARS ON PLAYSTATION FORUMS

YOUTUBE REVIEWS ~ TROPHIES ~ GAMING YOUTUBE ~ LITTLEBIGPLANET

Bitcoin is nice. Dogecoin is nice too.
dd58bb65b61e7ab81198f3cc66aa5896c7fd690a
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 35 (217 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Mar 29, 2012

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Logical_Dolphin wrote:

I doubt that this particular source is the same one as those other rumors you speak of.

And no one expects all rumors to be factual (at least I don't), I find them amusing to read. Ultimately it is up to the individual to make up their own mind regarding its credibility...

And there lyes the problem. With each rumor that gets debunked, GameSpot still hasn't lost any of it's "credibility" among it's readers. It's as if you expect not to find any relevant information on the site, yet everyone is fine with it. It's the chicken and the egg. Do they report useless "news" because their readers don't care? Or do they not care because their readers no what they report is useless?

Once again Kotaku is the source of this rumor not GameSpot. http://kotaku.com/5896996/the-next-playstation-is-called-orbis-sources-say-here-are-the-details

There is rumor and speculation just about everywhere from video games, business, and politics. You just have to develop the ability to determine what is likely to be credible or and what is not. I believe I can do this, and I know you can not.

I remember years ago when a Sony employee (named Super_Secret) posted on another site information (at the time) on the "rumored" PS3 Slim. I asked him if it had a external power supply and if they did away with the Gigabit Ethernet port; his answers turned out to be correct. He further proved his authenticity by stating when the date of the next PS3 firmware update would be (which was unannounced at the time).

You went out of your way to call Super_Secret a fraud, and I responded to you that although he could have been guessed the answers to my questions, it was highly improbable he could have guessed the unannounced PS3 firmware update to the exact date. You, obviously, didn't have a response to that.

Basically what I am saying is that you wouldn't know a credible source of information, even if Sony smacked it directly in your face. Which, ironically, is exactly what happened to you

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 35 (217 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
21 posts

Jun 7, 2013

There is a very simple solution to the Sony and Microsoft cutting off used games, backwards compatibility, and other disputed features.

DON'T BUY A NEXT GEN CONSOLE

Every dollar someone spends on the next gen is telling the companies that you support the direction they're going in. When the PS3 stopped supporting PS1 and PS2 titles, console sales should've stopped. Instead, people kept buying PS3's and telling Sony that they're doing well.

REALLY!! Sony's doing a good thing by killing backwards compatibility. The current Super Slim PS3 offers PS1 compatibility but not PS2. That's like a slap to the face. Now the PS4 is going to support PS3... kinda.. but online only?

If enough gamers ban the PS4 and Xbox One, Sony and MS will be forced to revert to gaming the way we like it.

If I want to lend my friend a game, I should be able to. Same with renting games from the local store. Used games? No problem. Don't screw gamers for buying a title only to find out it wasn't what they hoped.

Bottom line....

BOYCOT THE NEXT GEN CONSOLES. It's how we'll show Sony that we don't approve.

Get your Portable ID!
PS Reviews, Cheats, and More....
http://www.youtube.com/user/moralgamer

If you have to resort to demagaugery or personal attacks, you have already lost the argument.
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 35 (142 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
775 posts

Jun 7, 2013

lol just buy last gen consoles... my ps3 will be used for ps3 games.... it would kill off the life cycle plan Sony made if bc was incorporated... plus Sony never stated the plans for used games on ps4.... 

Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 35 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
226 posts

Jun 7, 2013

That article is true. Some of you people are in denial if you think sony is not goanna do the same thing as the xbox one.

Can't wait to come back here after E3

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 35 (108 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11886 posts

Jun 7, 2013

Necrobumping.......

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 35 (104 Views)
First Son
6 posts

Jun 7, 2013

I think it's very possible, will blu-ray movies be next?:smileywink:

Play Games to "RELAX"
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 35 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
9769 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Did this guy really bump a 1 year old thread
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 35 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3507 posts

Jun 7, 2013

mastorofpuppetz wrote:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/next-playstation-to-lock-out-used-games-6368582

Cannot believe the used games thing, but if sony once again didn`t learn their lesson on backwards compatibility they are stupid.

Looks like microsoft is back peddling already. They just release info that you can play used games and they will not charge... LOL Boy I can't wait to see what Sony is going to say. This is funny as hell right now.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 35 (55 Views)
0 Likes