Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Keyblade Wielder
8938 posts

Re: PS4 tech as advanced as PS3 was?

Feb 25, 2014

abhijtv wrote:

There isn't a day that goes by when I am NOT impressed by my PS4. From the moment I saw the pictures on the internet to the day I saw display pieces in stores to the day I got mine in the mail (Dec 20th-ish) I was blown away by the compactness of the thing. I was impressed by how small it was. It was smaller than the PS3 and significantly smaller than the Xbox One and more powerful than both. Even the internals of the PS4 seemed so much more elegant and meticulously placed, including the ICs, chips and even the cooling fan, while the Xbox was a bit haphazard and dense and somewhat messy. I couldn't help but be impressed by its smaller stature and while I couldn't appreciate it so much from pictures on the internet, when I saw with my own eyes I instantly fell in love with it. And then the design was also breath-taking. Again, it was a case of love at first sight when I saw it myself. While it seemed unassuming on the internet in pictures, at close angles it looked great. However the single most awesome part was the back grill. It just looked so bad-**bleep**! It honestly looked somewhat like the exhausts of some fighter jets!

And to think that this bad boy has 8 gigs of GDDR5 RAM, the most expensive kind there is, and such amazing internals, and at such a price point and so quiet and unassuming - just a piece of art from Sony. Sony may be failing with its PC and TV divisions, they may have stagnated in those areas in terms of innovation and product quality, but this PS4, it oozes premium quality and meticulously handcrafted engineering from all corners. Marvelous piece of art.

Kudos to the Sony PlayStation team!

As I said the more i research PC components the more I am impressed by the PS4's hardware/form factor.

Its far ahead of the software currently available for it.  

I know if the software catches up the PS4 will be untouchable.

But much like the uncertain future of AMD APU's line I am not confident enough to justify the purchase, yet.

I dont want 3 consoles in my entertainment center, just let the PS4 do what one of my PS3's do, or at least tell me one day it will.

All I want is a verbal reach around by Sony to let me know they still care.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 11 of 14 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5111 posts

Feb 25, 2014

patience, Philly, patience.

i can see almost everything coming in the next year, but i don't see them announcing anything until some of the other issues are fixed, like the save file loss/corruption issue that keeps happening to people. also, the issues with sonys headsets causing problems, among other smaller issues. IMO, those should take priority before adding new things.

Message 12 of 14 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
91 posts

Feb 25, 2014

Wait a minute.... so you mean to tell me all this s coming from not getting certain feautures that were on the PS3? All after waiting for a little over 3 months? Seriously?

Wow :smileysurprised:

Anyways, hey just launched in japan, expect a coupld more stability updates then you will strat seeing feauture updates.

Message 13 of 14 (130 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
8938 posts

Feb 28, 2014

LordDeff07 wrote:

Wait a minute.... so you mean to tell me all this s coming from not getting certain feautures that were on the PS3?

Yes.

Hawkfan267 wrote:
Seriously, there's just certain things that we must accept about the PS4. In time, it may get better, who knows.

dulun18 wrote:
**honestly if you still have your PS3.. and lot of games to go through.. there's no reason to jump onto the PS4 bandwagon just yet...
Message 14 of 14 (107 Views)
0 Likes