Feb 13 2014
By: SweetWilly82 First Son 2 posts

PS4 system updates idea

[ Edited ]
12 replies 239 views Edited Feb 13, 2014

I LOVE my PS4, just wanted to address that up front. I have 2 complaints that I hope can be fixed with future updates.

1. The voice commands work terribly.I have to constantly repeat things over and over, and when my brother came over with his XB1 and showed off how amazing the voice commands work with that system I was embarrassed. I just wish we had more commands and the mic and system could pick up voices better and we can control every aspect of our system.

2. Its a nitpick here, but WHY in the world would you choose to show the white light bar and yellow light bar when playing games or in standby over the beautiful blue light bar. I have been asked this by everyone that has seen my system. You need to fix that. 

But as far as everything I have played its all been SUPER and I have XB1 buddies pulling the trigger on our system after they saw how smooth the games run and how awesome the controller feels. Then they see the future game lineup and really go nuts, not to mention the free games every month. 

I love this system and cant wait to see what the future holds!!

EDIT: Added line breaks.

Edit: Updated title

Message 1 of 13 (239 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25721 posts

Re: PS4 System Idea updates

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2014

Try speaking slower and more clearly. As for the light bar, I've heard that the individual developers program the color. So it's not something that Sony can "fix".

Message 2 of 13 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14053 posts

Feb 13, 2014

There goes Albator again. Sony doesn't need to improve anything it's a problem with the user. Even though the user spoke of how his brother came over with the XB1 and it  worked much better it still has to be that the user wasn't speaking clearly enough or talked too fast...even though that same talking worked just fine for the Xb1 lol.

Sig: Socom 1 and 2 best games I've played on any console.
Message 3 of 13 (202 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2445 posts

Feb 13, 2014
Just a thought, what kind of mic were you using? The mic that is included with the ps4 isn't the best, maybe a better quality mic would help the ps4 understand your voice commands.
Message 4 of 13 (199 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15906 posts

Feb 13, 2014

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:Even though the user spoke of how his brother came over with the XB1 and it  worked much better it still has to be that the user wasn't speaking clearly enough or talked too fast...even though that same talking worked just fine for the Xb1 lol.

Because not everything works the same way as something similar as someone else is making.

The expectation that EVERYTHING has to work JUST LIKE the other is a very ignorant and skewed way of thinking. It only leads to disappointments.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 5 of 13 (185 Views)
Wastelander
682 posts

Feb 13, 2014

I find the commands picky at times as well.  Other times they work really well.  Im very excited to see what commands will be added in later.   Iwould love voice commands in netflix.

Message 6 of 13 (179 Views)
0 Likes
Umbrella Scientist
14053 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 13, 2014

gR3yGh051 wrote:

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:Even though the user spoke of how his brother came over with the XB1 and it  worked much better it still has to be that the user wasn't speaking clearly enough or talked too fast...even though that same talking worked just fine for the Xb1 lol.

Because not everything works the same way as something similar as someone else is making.

The expectation that EVERYTHING has to work JUST LIKE the other is a very ignorant and skewed way of thinking. It only leads to disappointments.

It's not just about this or that it works like the XB1, it's about Albators inability to ever on any thread concede that someone made a good suggestion or a point where Sony could improve has any merit. He always feels a need to talk down any suggestion by anyone and shill it up for Sony insisting that it's " fine the way it is" on any subject matter brought up not just voice commands. But of course seeing as your screen name is the same one who thumbed him up in his angry rant the last time I called him out on this I'll just assume you guys are troll buddies who cover each others butts when called out for fanboying it up a little too thick for Sony.

Message 7 of 13 (171 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15906 posts

Feb 13, 2014

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

It's not just about this or that it works like the XB1, it's about Albators inability to ever on any thread concede that someone made a good suggestion or a point where Sony could improve has any merit. He always feels a need to talk down any suggestion by anyone and shill it up for Sony insisting that it's " fine the way it is" on any subject matter brought up not just voice commands. But of course seeing as your screen name is the same one who thumbed him up in his angry rant the last time I called him out on this I'll just assume you guys are troll buddies who cover each others butts when called out for fanboying it up a little too thick for Sony.

Its not a "good suggestion" just because Xbox One does it...... YOU MAY THINK that its simple..... but when you're the one involved with designing, coding and otherwise developing a product... its not that simple.

Most people who make these "Xbox one does it, why not you Sony"  threads are done from trolls..... they make ONE POST, and do not come back EVER to contribute to the discussion.

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 8 of 13 (164 Views)
Umbrella Scientist
14053 posts

Feb 13, 2014

SweetWilly82 wrote:

I LOVE my PS4, just wanted to address that up front. I have 2 complaints that I hope can be fixed with future updates.

1. The voice commands work terribly.I have to constantly repeat things over and over, and when my brother came over with his XB1 and showed off how amazing the voice commands work with that system I was embarrassed. I just wish we had more commands and the mic and system could pick up voices better and we can control every aspect of our system.

2. Its a nitpick here, but WHY in the world would you choose to show the white light bar and yellow light bar when playing games or in standby over the beautiful blue light bar. I have been asked this by everyone that has seen my system. You need to fix that. 

But as far as everything I have played its all been SUPER and I have XB1 buddies pulling the trigger on our system after they saw how smooth the games run and how awesome the controller feels. Then they see the future game lineup and really go nuts, not to mention the free games every month. 

It has nothing to do with "Cause XB1 does it", You're making it about that out of fanboy insecurity. He just mentions he tried them both and the XB 1 was a lot more responsive. So in this case it would be cool if Sony could improrve theirs. Whether that be through software or hardware changes with the mic or a new version of it is left up to them to decide how they could improve it. Doesn't mean it has to work like the XB1, it's simply saying since there seems to be a big difference between the two their seems to be room for improvement. Not room to be just like the XB1, room to just be improved over it's current state.

Funny thing about the "comparing" issue is that when Albator a few years back was berating people in a thread who were asking for BC to come back to the PS 3 he was quick to point out to those people that 360 didn't have BC and used that as leverage to deem it an unneeded feature Sony shouldn't waste any time on. Before you stick up for Albator, find me one post in his history of like 20 k posts where he once said "Hey that is a good suggestion" or "Yeah that could definitely use improving". I mean a lot of the MVPs on this board seem to feel the best way to show their support for Sony is to defend mediocrity and berate people who suggest any improvements. Not sure how exactly in their minds they feel that is helpful to Sony to try to seek out and talk down all suggestions of wanted features or improvements.

Message 9 of 13 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10446 posts

Feb 13, 2014

TOMBSTONE4U wrote:

SweetWilly82 wrote:

It has nothing to do with "Cause XB1 does it", You're making it about that out of fanboy insecurity. He just mentions he tried them both and the XB 1 was a lot more responsive. So in this case it would be cool if Sony could improrve theirs. Whether that be through software or hardware changes with the mic or a new version of it is left up to them to decide how they could improve it. Doesn't mean it has to work like the XB1, it's simply saying since there seems to be a big difference between the two their seems to be room for improvement. Not room to be just like the XB1, room to just be improved over it's current state.

Funny thing about the "comparing" issue is that when Albator a few years back was berating people in a thread who were asking for BC to come back to the PS 3 he was quick to point out to those people that 360 didn't have BC and used that as leverage to deem it an unneeded feature Sony shouldn't waste any time on. Before you stick up for Albator, find me one post in his history of like 20 k posts where he once said "Hey that is a good suggestion" or "Yeah that could definitely use improving". I mean a lot of the MVPs on this board seem to feel the best way to show their support for Sony is to defend mediocrity and berate people who suggest any improvements. Not sure how exactly in their minds they feel that is helpful to Sony to try to seek out and talk down all suggestions of wanted features or improvements.

In the end its only an opinion from each person here. Nothing to get all worked up about it. One person dont like it. The other does. As stated above 90% of these compasrision posts are done by a new user 1 post and then never comes back. Just starting topics to cause trouble. This is why they are not so warmly welcomed. Its beena problem for years. Back in the PSX dream cast days.

Message 10 of 13 (152 Views)
0 Likes