Big Daddy
16824 posts

Re: PS4 suggestions

Mar 15, 2013

you don't want a disc changer..... 

I owned them before, in my home theatre and my car stereo.... they break more often than they work... and make LOTS OF NOISE and take MUCH LONGER than necessary.

it also ADDS WEIGHT and SIZE....

And its a 25+ year old, antiquated piece of technology 

Both things are counter-productive since manufacturing and shipping of a product depends on its physical size.

remember, Sony is a BUSINESS, and as a business they need to get the LOWEST COST as possible in shipping and manufacturing.

Every tried to ship something big and heavy? Or small and REALLY heavy? Its not cheap.

We've already had a thread like this weeks ago.... we don't need another, becuase it never went anywhere. 

Threads like this are nothing but circular acts of jerking around.

Sony doesn't pay much attention to the forum. And any suggestions to the PS4 they were looking for, have already been made YEARS ago. E3, PAX, TGS and various other trade shows/conventions that are coming throughout the year, as well as the holiday 2013 launch means theres nothign Sony is going to change in such a short amount of time

Furiously Chaosing
Message 11 of 26 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Mar 15, 2013
I hope my suggestion doesn't fall on deaf ears. I have precious few suggestions of improvements that can be made that are as follows:
1.) Add a party chat function so we can talk with our friends no matter what game they are playing.
2.) Backwards compatibility for PS3 games.
3.) Improved connectivity between consoles. I played call of duty once on my ps3 and it was a terrible experience.
Those are my only suggestions. If you do that I won't even buy the new xbox
Message 12 of 26 (132 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Aug 1, 2013

Don't know if Sony is reading this or not....but just had to share.

remote play.  I believe this is based on Gaikai tech.  streaming the game to the PS Vita via, again I believe, a combination of wi-fi and bluetooth.

if Gaikai worked on PC and Mac, why not create a desktop PS4 app, to offer remote play to PCs, Macs, Linux, and user your existing PS4 controller, either connected to the PC via bluetooth or still connected to the PS4 machine.  whatever works best.  Bottom line, if someone else wants to use the TV, you could play on your Vita, Desktop, Laptop, laptop connected to another TV, etc...  as long as your on your home wifi network of course.

Message 13 of 26 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5476 posts

Aug 1, 2013

BurkeDaniels wrote:

Don't know if Sony is reading this or not....but just had to share.

remote play.  I believe this is based on Gaikai tech.  streaming the game to the PS Vita via, again I believe, a combination of wi-fi and bluetooth.

if Gaikai worked on PC and Mac, why not create a desktop PS4 app, to offer remote play to PCs, Macs, Linux, and user your existing PS4 controller, either connected to the PC via bluetooth or still connected to the PS4 machine.  whatever works best.  Bottom line, if someone else wants to use the TV, you could play on your Vita, Desktop, Laptop, laptop connected to another TV, etc...  as long as your on your home wifi network of course.

The only drawback there is that it could create a whole other slew of streaming/capture woes.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 14 of 26 (109 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 1, 2013

can i get any info on DLC on pre-orders....im thinking of going all digital next gen.  but i still want DLC's that come with pre-orders!
speficificly on the game Killzone Shadowfall.  Smiley Very Happy

will the online store (PSN) get some update when i can then, pre-order the game before it hits its release date...?

i want/getting the game day one....but i dont want to miss out on DLC cuz of lack of a pre-order.
"thinks in advance"

Message 15 of 26 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
342 posts

Aug 2, 2013
Socket based cpu. Not soldered.
No hdcp
Message 16 of 26 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2157 posts

Aug 2, 2013

Im not getting into the gb usage for os but.....  The only thing i would suggest is allowing users to get discounts/free games if they are owned already when they come out on the ps4.  Doesnt sound too profitable for Sony to do so but that would help out with b/c.  I dont care as i said in the past im keeping my ps3 and games and i still have my ps1 and sega genesis but im sure some would appreciate that.

Atari, Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, PS1, Sega Saturn, PS2, PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo 3ds and PS4
Message 17 of 26 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
483 posts

Aug 2, 2013

I know something even more convenient than a disk changer.  Digital downloads.  

Message 18 of 26 (86 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 6, 2013

I listen to music ALOT through my ps3, and the music organization and sorting is soooo bad. Please improve this so people can listen to music (especially large libraries) more enjoyably. Thanks! 

Message 19 of 26 (73 Views)
Lombax Warrior
88 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 6, 2013

I like how EA Sports is allowing Madden 25 users to transfer over all the progress from ps3 over to ps4 in a one time transfer. So if you get Madden 25 on PS3, you can take everything you've earned in Superstar or Ultimate Team and trade it all to PS4 once it is released. I hope that other games follow on that idea. Like Gran Turismo for instance.

Message 20 of 26 (72 Views)
0 Likes