I Only Post Everything
1164 posts

Re: PS4 sell out in stores This year?

Jun 27, 2013

Most likely.

PS1 Owner since '98, PS2 Owner since '02, PSP Owner since '07, PS3 Owner since '08, Vita Owner since Launch, Ps4 Launch day
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 21 of 28 (171 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1873 posts

Jun 27, 2013

I won't be getting it on Amazon But at target because I get a discount their so, in turn I will be saving just as much or more

PSN: Deadly_Rabbit123
XBL: BruteForce94

Proud Owner of Xbox One and PS4
Message 22 of 28 (171 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 27, 2013

ToXiC_Skiils wrote:

bronxsushi wrote:

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

Unfortunatley, I bet this is true Smiley Sad.  I don't pre order so looks like I will be getting one in 2014.  Maybe I will buy an Xbox One first and then wait till they get PS4's in stock

That depends on the release date of PS4. If PS4 is released one week before Christmas, then you willl not be able to get a PS4 until 2014 if you did not preorder PS4. If PS4 is released in the middle of November, then I am sure there will be stacks of PS4's in the stores waiting for people in the first week after Christmas. 

For example, PS3 was released November 11, 2006. I did not preorder PS3, so of course I could not get a PS3 at launch. I went to my local GameStop on December 28, 2006 (3 days after Christmas) and there were many PS3s in the store.

PlayStation-4-Box-Design-300x229.jpg

The ps3 was also $600 and was out a year after the xbox.....

The PS3 was still in high demand.... There were no PS3s for sale for nearly a month due to supply shortage. 

Up until the point that supply was steady, no one bought it because people were taking advantage of the PS3 shortage and scalped them on ebay by selling them for at least $1000+

Just because it launched a year later and was more expensive didn't mean much..... PS3s sales were always within 5% or less of Xbox's total sales.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 23 of 28 (158 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 27, 2013

glasscut wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

Unfortunatley, I bet this is true Smiley Sad.  I don't pre order so looks like I will be getting one in 2014.  Maybe I will buy an Xbox One first and then wait till they get PS4's in stock

pre order from sony directly.. there is no  shortage from them directly... everyone has to get it from them to start.  That is what i have done. You should get it  day one  too.

I tried to preorder from sony but the date showed.. Dec 31st 2013.. I rather take a day off and show up at walmart to get mine.. On launch day.. 

that is a Placeholder date.....many stores have a late 2013 or 2014 date because the system NEEDS something in the field or else it can't be entered into their system.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 24 of 28 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Jun 27, 2013

Deadly_Rabbit123 wrote:

I won't be getting it on Amazon But at target because I get a discount their so, in turn I will be saving just as much or more

Stores usually don't issue discounts on brand new items..... My girlfriend used to work at Walmart and when the PS3 launched, she couldn't issue a discount even if she moved mountains.
The only thing she could do was tell me the exact date of shipment of PS3s and hold a few for me to scalp.

There was no store that was discounting PS3's for almost a year, until Sony officially made a $100 price drop exactly 1 year after the PS3's launch.

I can guarantee you that your discount will not work on a PS4. I'll put money on that.

You'll either have to pre-order it, or wait a while. you're only two options

Furiously Chaosing
Message 25 of 28 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

Jun 27, 2013

MooseWI wrote:
They told GameStop to let the preorders rip. so I'm assuming no

Exactly. I'm not worried about pre-ordering it. And GameStop isn't the only place that will carry PS4's.

Even if I have to call Targets, Walmarts, Best Buys, et cetera, I'm sure I will have no problem finding a place that has some in stock.

I had no problems tracking down my PS2 and PS3, and I didn't pre-order either of them.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 26 of 28 (139 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Jun 27, 2013

If I need money at the time of launch I'll sell you mine for retail plus 50 and you pay S&H. Just saying this because in this economy I've been thrown under the bus a couple times and have been in dire needs of money at random times.

Message 27 of 28 (129 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
6439 posts

Jun 27, 2013

I want one at launch so I'm really hoping they don't run out of PS4's. I pre-ordered on Amazon but what I'm gonna do is save up for it and then probably cancel and go buy it in person on launch day.

Check out my PlayStation dedicated blog, PlayStation Persuasion! playstationpersuasion.tumblr.com

PSN: ScreamAimFire999
Message 28 of 28 (128 Views)
0 Likes